BLK 2 bedroom Poor Condition

happydisneymom

Mouseketeer
Last week we stayed at our Home Resort BLK. I received my view requested but found that there were problems through out the rooms. The 2nd bedroom bathtub had rust streaming down the wall where the handle was located into the bathtub. The dryer lent catcher was broken (close wouldn't dry), there was burnt spots on the counter top, and the toliets were dirty. The room could of been cleaned better. I didn't want to waste my time during the week to voice my concerns. I think I may make it know to MS of the problems today.

Last week we stayed at our Home Resort BLK. I received my view requested but found that there were problems through out the rooms. The 2nd bedroom bathtub had rust streaming down the wall where the handle was located into the bathtub. The dryer lent catcher was broken (close wouldn't dry), there was burnt spots on the counter top, and the toliets were dirty. The room could of been cleaned better. I didn't want to waste my time during the week to voice my concerns. I think I may make it know to MS of the problems today.

BLK? Do you mean Bay Lake Tower (BLT)? I would have asked for a manager to take a look at it. They are there, they could go to the room and look at it while you were out.

The few times we have found a problem at our DVC resort we have contacted Maintenance and the problem was usually resolved the same day. My time is also important, but not so important that I can't request help with a problem.

Don't know if the OP is talking about BLT but of all of the DVC resorts at WDW, BLT has always had more room damage compared to the other resorts that we stayed at. Hole in the ceiling, crushed light shade above the table, laminate broken off of the kitchen cabinet, blinds on patio door damaged, burn mark on the carpet.

Any idea why people are so rough on the BLT rooms?

:earsboy: Bill

Don't know if the OP is talking about BLT but of all of the DVC resorts at WDW, BLT has always had more room damage compared to the other resorts that we stayed at. Hole in the ceiling, crushed light shade above the table, laminate broken off of the kitchen cabinet, blinds on patio door damaged, burn mark on the carpet.

Possibly more younger children staying there? Not really sure. Furniture seemed OK when we stayed there.

I think it is lower quality goods being used and therefore they cannot hold up to the turnover of people. When we stayed in a studio in Jan we thought the quality was terrible (especially the bed) and multiple things were damaged. Not to the point I would have called maintenance (knicks and cracks and things like that). I just didn't think the quality stood up to other resorts we have stayed at. Although I will say I loved the bocce court! Was a lot of fun for a break from parks since we didn't have tickets on that trip. And we LOVE the TOTW Lounge.

In my opinion people just don't care when it is someone else's property. When people stay at a hotel I think they feel they can do whatever they what because they paid good money to stay there coupled with the fact that they don't care what they destroy because they are only there for a few days.

I would like to think that DVC members are a little more careful because it is their "home" not just another hotel.

Well, you know what happens when the kids start wrestling, then get a hold of the blow torch :lmao:

I think it is lower quality goods being used and therefore they cannot hold up to the turnover of people. When we stayed in a studio in Jan we thought the quality was terrible (especially the bed) and multiple things were damaged. Not to the point I would have called maintenance (knicks and cracks and things like that). I just didn't think the quality stood up to other resorts we have stayed at. Although I will say I loved the bocce court! Was a lot of fun for a break from parks since we didn't have tickets on that trip. And we LOVE the TOTW Lounge.

I agree with the lower quality furnishings issue. During our last stay, my brother set a box of items he had carried in from the car on the kitchen table. While we were putting things away, the box was accidentally pushed across the table. It left behind a terrible scratch. I have put lots of boxes on tables at home, and never had anything like that happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter