BLT and Contemporary - just me?

LOVE the CR room decor. Absolutely love it. So, total score for us: Love the resort with an ideal location.

The Sandwich!! I'd never heard it referred to as that. Funny.

Anyway, I agree. We just stayed there in December and I wasn't crazy about it. Probably won't stay there again.

I loved how convenient it was and I love the Contemporary, but wasn't crazy about BLT.

We definitely didn't buy based on theming. I was pregnant with DD1 when we bought and the first thing in my mind was that we were going to spend the good majority of our trips for the next 10+ years at MK so it definitely was all about location. Then we took another DVC trip and stayed at Kidani with an 18 month old while I was 4 months pregnant with DD2 and it just confirmed that we made the right decision buying for location and we missed BLT!:)

Agree with OP. Also agree that for many it is about location only. I wonder what will happen to BLT resale after the GF and Poly villas start hitting resale.

I really like the vibe at BLT/CR, particularly because it is less whimsical than most of the others. But, I can easily understand why it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Ok, I realize this can be a sensitive topic. I completely understand how wonderful the location is for BLT and the Contemporary. It is awesome. No question.

However, as my family walked through the Contemporary, my daughter turns to me and says:

"I feel like I am in an airport"

then, we walk to BLT and we both say

"Now we feel like we are walking around a hospital"

This is some pretty cold architecture. All the cement, etc.

The lower level (where the Wave was) really appeared updated and had a "cool" Contemporary vibe. The rest, not so much. I really think the Contemporary needs a major overhaul.

It honestly made me question ever staying at the sandwich (more based on the Contemporary then the tower itself).

Again, BLT was much better. However, you still use the main resort a lot I assume.

Are they planning to continue the clear updates they did on the bottom floor for more of the resort?

Honestly, even though I just bought a ton of BLT points I do understand what you mean. The Contemporary always felt so sterile to me. However, I actually like very much the modern, clean design of BLT rooms (though they really need sheers). I find the rooms very comfortable and new feeling unlike some of the older properties which seem more dated. I also love the TOWL for fireworks viewing. Overall the location far trumps themeing in terms of importance to us. The ability to walk to MK just cannot be beat for us. We often travel during Thanksgiving with extended family and this resort is the right fit for our group. The Contemporary has grown on me and I have no doubt that BLT was the right home resort for us. I also feel it has high demand in the rental market for the occasional years we will want to rent out our points. We do enjoy trying the different resorts. Looking forward to upcoming stays at Kidani and Aulani and we have loved several stays at VWL. Hope to eventually try them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter