• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Blt busses

Upon a Star

Mouseketeer
Is if just me or does anyone else think deluxe resorts should have their own bus. I'm loving my stay here, easy walk to mk and a pretty easy trip over to Epcot. However the trips to Hollywood studios or animal kingdom are very long. The bus stops at the poly and the grand Floridian before heading to the parks. On the way home sometimes we stop at blizzard beach and the wilderness lodge before heading back to BLT.

At least your BLT bus from DHS didn't turn into the MK bus stop before finally letting you off at BLT ;). (Happened once to me)

It would be nice if there were no shared busses at Deluxe. To me, the worst "feeling" is BWV busses that stop at the non-Disney owned Swan and Dolphin.

BLT is not very good; BWV is the worst. Agree Disney needs to improve bus systems at the deluxe resorts except we have found AKV's system to be the best of the parade of horribles since it has only two stops at the same resort and does not share with another resort.

I've often said that the bus system is better at the values and moderates than at the deluxe. We spent a night at Art of Animation and there was only one bus stop - it was great! I have to rent a car when we stay at BLT - it drives me crazy to make the stops at other resorts.

when I want to do all the parks stay at OKW or SSR - everything is bus transportation.

most of my trips are MK and Epcot - sometimes AK or Studios - but most MK and EPcot. so BLT works great for me.

if you have annual passes - you can walk to IG an take the boat to Studios - or even walk to Studios if you want too.

AK you must take a bus.

I've often said that the bus system is better at the values and moderates than at the deluxe. We spent a night at Art of Animation and there was only one bus stop - it was great! I have to rent a car when we stay at BLT - it drives me crazy to make the stops at other resorts.

Same here. It also seemed like the busses came more often when we visited Art of Animation. The last time we stayed at BWV which was great for walking to EPCOT and MGM. This time we doing YC/BWI/GF and planned our park days accordingly. We also plan on driving to AK to avoid having to use the busses at all.

Is if just me or does anyone else think deluxe resorts should have their own bus. I'm loving my stay here, easy walk to mk and a pretty easy trip over to Epcot. However the trips to Hollywood studios or animal kingdom are very long. The bus stops at the poly and the grand Floridian before heading to the parks. On the way home sometimes we stop at blizzard beach and the wilderness lodge before heading back to BLT.

I agree.

If you take the monorail to Epcot - can you then take boat to DHS without entering Epcot? We have friends going with us that don't have AP's or hoppers.

If you take the monorail to Epcot - can you then take boat to DHS without entering Epcot? We have friends going with us that don't have AP's or hoppers.

You can get to the boat at the International Gateway entrance only through Epcot from the monorail snd thus you need ticket to enter the park. Also, the MK resort busses to studios may not be that quick but they are quicker than the hour or more it will take via monorail to Epcot, walking through Epcot, and then taking boat to Studios.

You can get to the boat at the International Gateway entrance only through Epcot from the monorail snd thus you need ticket to enter the park. Also, the MK resort busses to studios may not be that quick but they are quicker than the hour or more it will take via monorail to Epcot, walking through Epcot, and then taking boat to Studios.

That's whati thought. Just hoped there was another way. We will use the us that day.

At least your BLT bus from DHS didn't turn into the MK bus stop before finally letting you off at BLT ;). (Happened once to me)

It would be nice if there were no shared busses at Deluxe. To me, the worst "feeling" is BWV busses that stop at the non-Disney owned Swan and Dolphin.

It used to be worse - BWV busses to MK also stopped at YC and BC. Some routes still do.

Yes it is one stop most times that is nice but the lines at park closing for the value and some of the moderate are much worse.. plus they are packed with ppl most times depending on when you go.

and I think it would be nice if DVC hotels had only one stop but it doesnt make sense for disney to do it with all those resorts next to each other and the volume going on each bus.. Rent a car or drive is your best bet

Why was the ME so slow? My kids will go batty sitting on a bus for two hours before sitting on a plane for four.......

I had the same ME experience last Monday. 1 hour and 40 minutes. We were the first stop at BLT/CR - followed by three stops: Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. I can't remember the order. So about an hour later we were finally on our way to the airport. Side A was dropped off first and of course I was side B. By the time I got through security which was over a 30 minute wait, road the monorail to the gates, and grabbed something to go to eat, it was time to board the plane.

This was the same type of scenario a year ago leaving from Port Orleans Riverside only the security line wait was 45 minutes which was cutting it even closer yet. I had considered asking for any earlier pick up time this year, but thought I would give it one more try. Next time I'm either asking for an earlier time if I can get it or budgeting my trip to include a town car service again.

On the arriving end, I had always had great luck in the past getting to my resort. Lines were short, busses were waiting, left shortly after boarding, and lucky to be the first or second stop. This time was great with the ME line using the Magic Band, but then we waited on the bus for over a half hour before leaving followed by being the last stop of four. I think it was around 1 hour and 40-50 minutes from the time I got off the plane.

I also agree about the deluxe resort busses. With all the stops, it always seemed like 20 minutes before we would even leave the area. It was okay for me. I was on a solo trip and had time. I also had rented points to stay at BLT. If I were with my family and had paid a lot for a resort room stay, I know I would have been very disappointed. My previous stays have been at WL, POR, POFQ and Pop. Although the busses were often more crowded, they were frequent with very little wait time and stops.

On one bus ride there was a discussion between two dads about the bus transportation and ALL the waiting - everywhere!! It seemed to be an extra busy week at WDW also. One of the guys talked about budgeting an extra grand into the trip and taking taxis. We took a taxi a couple of times last trip for a resort breakfast and the Segway tour. I know I will be budgeting for taxis next time, too!

sorry no - that is why I mention the AP's.

you can also walk over to the mk bus area - take a bus to BW and walk to studios - but not sure that saves you alot of time.

the best hotel at WDW for buses was Pop Century - it was wonderfully. when complainted at other places believe me I have. have been told by the buses it is the management at the hotel that decides how many buses to each parks - but the management at the hotel says they had nothing to do with the decision.

somebody does and boy talk about not listening to the customers/guests.

think everybody would be happier with a different schedule - the Polyn and GF could still share. but CR/BLT and WL should share. FW would have it own buses.

no time at Epcot would you put all 5 hotels on the same route (which they still do) - unless the bus driver had the right to ask which hotels the guests were going to and only stop at them. have another bus for pick up.

but so far WDW has ignored anything that changes their plans.

We have been so frustrated by the buses in the past, that we now rent a car. I research coupon codes and rates and continue to check the rates and modify my reservation as my trip gets closer. For our most recent trip, we are paying $12 a day. It's a small price to avoid the buses! Parking at the resorts/parks is free, and when I purchase my park passes through AAA they provide a Diamond Parking pass which gives access to a special parking area in the lots (so we can arrive at AK and MGM later in the day but park near the gates). Still use monorail for MK and EPCOT. The car is also easier when we dine at a non-monorail resort!

We were so frustrated at WL last time b/c of the crazy bus sharing. Never had an issue at AKL! This is why we plan to rent a car!

I had the same ME experience last Monday. 1 hour and 40 minutes. We were the first stop at BLT/CR - followed by three stops: Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. I can't remember the order. So about an hour later we were finally on our way to the airport. Side A was dropped off first and of course I was side B. By the time I got through security which was over a 30 minute wait, road the monorail to the gates, and grabbed something to go to eat, it was time to board the plane.

This was the same type of scenario a year ago leaving from Port Orleans Riverside only the security line wait was 45 minutes which was cutting it even closer yet. I had considered asking for any earlier pick up time this year, but thought I would give it one more try. Next time I'm either asking for an earlier time if I can get it or budgeting my trip to include a town car service again.

On the arriving end, I had always had great luck in the past getting to my resort. Lines were short, busses were waiting, left shortly after boarding, and lucky to be the first or second stop. This time was great with the ME line using the Magic Band, but then we waited on the bus for over a half hour before leaving followed by being the last stop of four. I think it was around 1 hour and 40-50 minutes from the time I got off the plane.

I also agree about the deluxe resort busses. With all the stops, it always seemed like 20 minutes before we would even leave the area. It was okay for me. I was on a solo trip and had time. I also had rented points to stay at BLT. If I were with my family and had paid a lot for a resort room stay, I know I would have been very disappointed. My previous stays have been at WL, POR, POFQ and Pop. Although the busses were often more crowded, they were frequent with very little wait time and stops.

On one bus ride there was a discussion between two dads about the bus transportation and ALL the waiting - everywhere!! It seemed to be an extra busy week at WDW also. One of the guys talked about budgeting an extra grand into the trip and taking taxis. We took a taxi a couple of times last trip for a resort breakfast and the Segway tour. I know I will be budgeting for taxis next time, too!

Ugh. I forgot all about that issue. We will be departing from BLT on 11/16- hopefully that will not be too busy of a day....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter