BLT Confession of a BWV traitor

We love BLT and stay there often. Don't forget to go up to The TOWL to watch the fireworks and have a nice drink! We are staying at the BWV's in October for the first time. I can't wait to stroll around the boardwalk at night.

Just to be clear, as a fellow BWV lover I was asking Jean to explain her thoughts on BLT. The wonderful thing about WDW is that there is something for everybody, views included.

Maybe I feel used because we bought BLT before staying there and we expected a better view based on hype. :sad:

:earsboy: Bill

Hmmm, I'll try. I own at BWV. ADORE it. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE BWV. Tried BLT at Christmas/NYE. Lake view. Was really spoiled with room location. :flower3: I got 8106. I don't think I zoomed in on this one:

I know you've stayed there Bill. Have you had lake view and nabbed this view? Why am I asking? Because in some ways, although I don't have MK view stays to back it up, I truly think this must be better than *some* of the MK view rooms. Which is unfair since it's less points. Obviously not most but some for sure. The parking lot on these LV rooms really doesn't jump out of you because you see the lake and the tennis courts. In some lower or angled MK views the parking lot does jump out in pictures because it's more prominent. (and yes on the other hand - you can sit and see the MK in MK view rooms and I would love to nab a high floor MK view one day - I loved the view from our 11th floor elevators)

Also, I felt really special and blessed to sit out there with family and see Wishes with the music pumped in. A truly lovely memory. So that adds to the allure.

Now for the future. I have a weird personality.:confused3 I feel like I scored it. I've done it and I've experienced it. And I really would like to have the other side of the C - and see the CR and the monorail up close ( I could see it in mine in the distance). And see more people and action. I'm weird like that. :rotfl2: Sort of like - I got it and don't HAVE TO relive it on this one.

Jean, I'm happy you scored a fabulous room and are loving it. I was really curious to see what you would think as I am a BWV lover as well. Have fun!

Yes you see the parking lot and the roof of space mountain but you also see the castle, the fireworks, and can hear the train whistle and other sounds from the MK, and at a Lake View point rate.

!

Bang on Lisa. Your post reminded me that the train whistle made me smile in my room. As did actually hearing the DJ's voice for pre-NYE's party. :goodvibes Great memory.

And thank you. Besides my room I had a horrendous stay at BLT. But it was really mostly IT based there and beyond - but absolutely daily nonsense nonetheless. The poor CMs were captive to the IT issues in every department. I like to think of it as a blip that will never happen again and a perfect storm so to speak. And in all these years I've never had such a stay and never thought I would. So thank you Lisa. Your post made me smile about the magic of that room!!!!

I went back to WDW for the Princess weekend and had magic upon magic happen from resorts and CMs. Truly.

Hmmm, I'll try. I own at BWV. ADORE it. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE BWV. Tried BLT at Christmas/NYE. Lake view. Was really spoiled with room location. :flower3: I got 8106. I don't think I zoomed in on this one:

I know you've stayed there Bill. Have you had lake view and nabbed this view? Why am I asking? Because in some ways, although I don't have MK view stays to back it up, I truly think this must be better than *some* of the MK view rooms. Which is unfair since it's less points. Obviously not most but some for sure. The parking lot on these LV rooms really doesn't jump out of you because you see the lake and the tennis courts. In some lower or angled MK views the parking lot does jump out in pictures because it's more prominent. (and yes on the other hand - you can sit and see the MK in MK view rooms and I would love to nab a high floor MK view one day - I loved the view from our 11th floor elevators)

Also, I felt really special and blessed to sit out there with family and see Wishes with the music pumped in. A truly lovely memory. So that adds to the allure.

Now for the future. I have a weird personality.:confused3 I feel like I scored it. I've done it and I've experienced it. And I really would like to have the other side of the C - and see the CR and the monorail. And see more people and action. I'm weird like that. :rotfl2: Sort of like - I got it and don't HAVE TO relive it on this one.

Jean, I'm happy you scored a fabulous room and are loving it. I was really curious to see what you would think as I am a BWV lover as well. Have fun!

We actually prefer the lake view to the TPV. Don't care to look at tennis courts or parking lots, I can see those at home. For LV, we have always stayed outside the C towards WL and the dock, don't know if we would like the inside.

With all of the posts about the great TPVs I just feel like an odd ball but as you know, I am odd! :thumbsup2

We actually prefer the lake view to the TPV. Don't care to look at tennis courts or parking lots, I can see those at home. For LV, we have always stayed outside the C towards WL and the dock, don't know if we would like the inside.

With all of the posts about the great TPVs I just feel like an odd ball but as you know, I am odd! :thumbsup2

No, not odd.;) In my rambling :rotfl2: I was trying to say that I think I would like the south outside view the most. ;) Truly. It seems heavenly in pictures. I think that's why I'm feeling I've done it, I've nabbed it and now I'll move on.

I live in a downtown condo. And my suite looks like BLT - from my kitchen to my clean lines. So I was surprised I liked BLT as a vacation choice.

Also, you don't see the parking lot when looking straight from the room at all. Only looking toward the MK. Another plus if you want MK and lake views.

I'm doing the opposite in June. My homes are BLT and AKV but this time I am trying BWV for the first time. I'm only there for a few days so I wanted something within walking distance of Epcot.

I'm glad you're enjoying BLT. I had a view like that for Christmas 2011 and because it was a lower floor, it was a standard view. I prefer the outer rooms at BLT. I found the lakeview rooms facing the pool noisy during the day because of all of the activities. It was beautiful at night though.

Also, you don't see the parking lot when looking straight from the room at all.

We thought even on the MK side this was similar. As we sat in bed, or at the kitchen table, even the LR-most of the parking lot was not visible. And the glass wall of windows made it so much nicer than most resorts. Also the fireworks and monorail loop going by is all part of the ambiance we enjoyed.

Also your eyes in person are better than a non zoomed at all camera-the Mk is pretty far away though, but its still the MK and esp lit up at night. That and a camera zoomed in is still a great pic opp of the MK-nothing wrong with that IMO.

Either way the walk to MK is the best part for us.

We thought even on the MK side this was similar. As we sat in bed, or at the kitchen table, even the LR-most of the parking lot was not visible. And the glass wall of windows made it so much nicer than most resorts. Also the fireworks and monorail loop going by is all part of the ambiance we enjoyed.

Also your eyes in person are better than a non zoomed at all camera-the Mk is pretty far away though, but its still the MK and esp lit up at night. That and a camera zoomed in is still a great pic opp of the MK-nothing wrong with that IMO.

Either way the walk to MK is the best part for us.

I actually agree Jade. With everything.

And I have tons of zoomed pictures from my suite too. And love them. I smiled at them for a bit as I was trying to find if I had a non-zoom for perspective. I was referring to some not wanting to see the parking lot at all.

I can't wait to try a MK view as well as the other LVs. A maid took us into a one and two bedroom MK view on our floor and I was truly wowed. I live in a very shallow condo - one part is complete wall of windows so it's bright on the darkest of days (it's a very small suite - I'm making it seem like a palace :rotfl2:) so that wall of windows and view on made me smile broadly. Light is very important to me on vacation and at home.

(and by the way - this CM - maid was more than proud of her cleaning and work - she was "I almost have it done and perfect" her ways really said "her work" so to speak - there are so many complaints about cleaning I simply wanted to add that. I can only imagine what they walk into from some occupants especially in these huge suites.)

I loved seeing the monorail and looking across to the GF. Loved that. I can only imagine what it was like for you sitting at the table or in bed looking at that view. Jealous. One day.

This thread is making me want some BLT points. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter