BLT Lakeview Room Studio

jlaneme

Mouseketeer
It's our very first trip and we are staying at BLT in a deluxe studio. I know there is an official thread that shows different rooms but also people advise not to request certain ones. Just wondering thoughts on this - should I simply ask for an upper floor and hope they place us high enough that we might get a glimpse of the castle?? I wanted to get themepark view but no rooms are available. Also, where does the electric water pagent go? Will we see it if we have a lakeview? Confused so any help would be great!!! :)

For a chance of a view of the MK, you would want to request an Even Numbered Room, North End of Tower. The even numbers are on the outside of the building which is basically shaped like a C.

Thank you! So, would you suggest calling and just having that on my reservation? Or faxing the request? We check in 5/8

You have to contact MS and have it noted on the reservation. You can do that by phone, chat or use the contact us option on the member website to send an email.

We have tried about 4x to get an even room with a decent view of the MK. Not successful. In all fairness, one time we asked at check in if our room was ready (it was 10 am and we had just gotten off the Disney Magic and were very tired---and there was a torrential storm in progress). They said no because of our request. So then we asked if we could have whatever was available and there were several rooms "inside the C" or the odd numbers. We actually had a better view of the lake in that room (though it's the back of the resort so no MK). We stayed at BLT 2 night before our cruise and 2 nights after our cruise.

Most people I guess have caught on to requesting the "even" rooms because the odd rooms always seem to be ready if you arrive early. For us, sometimes it's all about just getting in a room quickly.

My "odd" view room (keep in mind there was a really bad storm going on so the view is overcast in this photo. This was a nice break in the storm---the rain was torrential and blowing sideways. We coudln't even be out on the balcony):

My "even" (on outside of "C") room:

While overall I feel the "even" rooms are probably nicer with the view, on this particular trip, I preferred our inside/odd room view better? It's hit or miss I guess.

Thank you for the input Maria. I appreciate your help too. I guess with a lake view we can't go wrong - vs a standard room. I am just happy to be at the resort - if my 5 year old could see some fireworks from our room it would be even more magical but either way, it will be super special. Thanks again! :)

If you use online check-in, do NOT complete anything for a room request. It will wipe out what you asked MS to add and there rally isn't anything on the online request form that will match what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter