BLT questions

LadyLuck24

Mouseketeer
We're planning on trying to rent one 2BR and one studio for a week next November 2014. A few questions:

1) Does anyone know how many BLT 2 BR's are considered dedicated 2BR's vs lockoff 2BR's? We really won't need the kitchenette in the second bedroom but WILL need the extra space for a pack & play (that the kitchenette and door would take up in the lockoffs).
2) Is the only refillable mug station at the pool bar? Do you find this convenient? Is it accessible after the pool has closed? (my husband has a diet coke addiction that hits at all hours of the day)
3) It's really important to us that the studio and the 2BR be near each other. I have checked in to DVC rooms before and am well aware that there is a lot of luck involved in terms of when your room is ready and what rooms are available on your check in day. What do you think the chances are of getting a studio and 2BR in relatively close proximity? (both standard view)
4) general dvc booking question: I am going to start looking for a rental at the 11month booking window. Let's say I plan to travel from Nov 1-Nov 8. Does the 11 month window open on Dec 1 of this year? Or do I have to wait until Dec 8 so that all the dates of my vacation are within 11 months?

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks for info!

1) Does anyone know how many BLT 2 BR's are considered dedicated 2BR's vs lockoff 2BR's? We really won't need the kitchenette in the second bedroom but WILL need the extra space for a pack & play (that the kitchenette and door would take up in the lockoffs).
148 Dedicated 2-bedroom Villas and 133 Lock-Off 2-bedroom Villas at BLT. These are the total numbers from all three view categories.
2) Is the only refillable mug station at the pool bar? Do you find this convenient? Is it accessible after the pool has closed? (my husband has a diet coke addiction that hits at all hours of the day)
I believe the pool bar refill station is only available when the pool bar is open. There is also a refill station at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary.
3) It's really important to us that the studio and the 2BR be near each other. I have checked in to DVC rooms before and am well aware that there is a lot of luck involved in terms of when your room is ready and what rooms are available on your check in day. What do you think the chances are of getting a studio and 2BR in relatively close proximity? (both standard view)
You need to have the member(s) you rent from put a 'Travel With' on both reservations. This will alert the room assigner to try and assign the rooms as close together as possible.
4) general dvc booking question: I am going to start looking for a rental at the 11month booking window. Let's say I plan to travel from Nov 1-Nov 8. Does the 11 month window open on Dec 1 of this year? Or do I have to wait until Dec 8 so that all the dates of my vacation are within 11 months?
Booking window is based on check-in date. 11 month window for 11/1 check-in opens on 12/1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter