BLT Room Request Hints

bc133

Mouseketeer
Soon we will be booking our room for BLT! So excited! It's our first time as DVC members and when I book online Monday I want to make sure I do everything right. I've looked at the standard 2 bedroom views on the BLT thread and know which room I want. Can I request a certain room of is that too specific? Or do I request an area? Also, we will have 4 (possibly 5) adults & 3 kids so I was wanting a dedicated 2 bedroom if possible. Can I just put that in a 'request' area? I didn't know if there was a trick to any of this. Regardless, I know it'll be a great stay. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome home! Congratulations on your purchase. When you book your room you will book either a 2 bedroom lock off or the other option is just a 2 bedroom.

You should go over to the Disney Vacation Club section of the boards for more answers to your questions.

When you book on-line, you will be able to designate whether you want a 2BR "lock-off" or a 2BR "villa." The villa category is the dedicated 2BRs. You will also choose view: standard, lake or theme park. You also will designate number of guests in the room, and when you actually reserve you will get pages where you are supposed to enter name and address of each occupant, and provide a phone number at least for you.

You will not be able to put in any non-guaranteed requests. To provide those, you either have to call MS or send MS an email after you have your reservation. Go here to see where the standard view rooms are: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082 I know many like the north outer wall 5th floor rooms because they can see MK and it is the highest floor possible with standard view. Requesting a specific room is not the best idea because it creates a high risk of not getting the request; area and possibly floor requests are better.

I am assuming you will be booking 11 months out. Standard rooms can go quickly once that window opens and thus to be safe you should attempt to book exactly 11 months out from arrival date and do it early in the morning.

Thank you! Plan on booking online then calling to confirm I did everything correctly. Would you recommend doing this or just calling? I thought if I do it online first it would guarantee getting BLT. What are your thoughts on this plan?

We booked online a coulple months ago for our first BLT stay. It's very easy and your confirmation number and reservation details will all show up online. I believe it shows up immediately. I would not call unless you see something that does not look right. Calling just allows for human error IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter