BLT vs VGF Grand Villa>

stlrod

DIS Veteran
So, here's the story. Planned a special adult trip for 6 a 60th birthday to stay at VWL. Been upset about the pool issue so just going to turn our 5 night vacation into 2 nights offsite and then 3 nights onsite and bk a grand villa for those 3 nights. Have seen pics of both VGF and BLT and have stayed a VGF and loved the bathroom. Can get either right now for the 3 nights. Will be going to MNSSHP and EPCOT with special dinner at Citrico's Chef's Domain. So, which of the two resorts would you choose? (Tough choice I know--can only get theme park view at BLT so not much difference in points.)

So, here's the story. Planned a special adult trip for 6 a 60th birthday to stay at VWL. Been upset about the pool issue so just going to turn our 5 night vacation into 2 nights offsite and then 3 nights onsite and bk a grand villa for those 3 nights. Have seen pics of both VGF and BLT and have stayed a VGF and loved the bathroom. Can get either right now for the 3 nights. Will be going to MNSSHP and EPCOT with special dinner at Citrico's Chef's Domain. So, which of the two resorts would you choose? (Tough choice I know--can only get theme park view at BLT so not much difference in points.)

I don't own at BLT, but stayed there once (Lake View), and we own a small contract at VGF and stayed for the first time last Dec (lake view, studio). I think the VGF is much more elegant and "warm" versus BLT…I think it'd be perfect for a special celebration. Also, it's so easy to walk to the Poly, if you want to watch Wishes on the beach. True, you have TOWL at BLT, but the out-of-sync fireworks from behind the castle view really messes up my sense of feng shei LOL With easy access to the monorail, I don't see the walking distant to BLT as a huge advantage. My choice, VGF. :goodvibes

Either resort would work. VGF does have a one story GV. You probably would have a decent view at either resort. Personally I still prefer being able to walk from BLT to MK especially as lately the monorail has not been that dependable. Since you plan to dine at Citricos I think it would be perfect to stay at VGF. You can always use the ferry to get to MK if the monorail is down.

If you are looking at this year I would do BLT after staying at GFV with the monorail issues the last couple of days. We had a 30 minute bus trip back from MK when both boats and monorail were down and they were running the whole monorail route on 1 bus and many people were very grouchy for 1pm.

We've stayed at both VG in BLT and VGF, hands down my favorite is BLT.
It was nice to stay at VGF once, but I don't see us going back there, but we do have BLT booked again for Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter