Blue Bayou for Vegetarians?

Brojoef

Mouseketeer
The menu at Blue Bayou doesn’t look to vegetarian friendly. Has anyone had a good “veggie” experience there?

I am vegan & have eaten there twice. I had the Portobello Mushroom & Louisiana Popcorn rice both times & loved it and my vegetarian mother really liked it, too. For dessert, I had the "allergy menu" dessert offering of sorbet (I think housemade?) and it was good, too (not as fancy as some other dessert options, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of it). There obviously aren't a lot of options for vegetarians & vegans, but what they do have is quite good flavor, quality and quantity.

~Meg

Last edited:
Yes. I've been a vegetarian for approx 24 years and have eaten there two or three times. I had a vegan dish made with portobello and rice noodles. Very tasty. In each case, the chef came out and spoke with me. I think all DL table-service restaurants are likewise equally accommodating.

I'm also a vegetarian and have eaten there 3 times. The mushroom dish didn't sound good to me. The first time I went I didn't know I could ask for something off the menu, so I ordered the adult portion of the mac and cheese. It was good, but basic, $20 and I got a starter salad included. The second time I read on here they would make you a special pasta dish. They were super accommodating and asked me which vegetables I'd like included with the pasta. They charged the price of the mushroom dish (and you still get the starter salad or course), but I much preferred this over the mac and cheese. I ordered it again my last trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter