Blue Bayou menu change—no vegan option?

GlitteryOtters

Michigander Disneylander
Just a heads up for our vegan & vegetarian board members and those with egg/dairy allergies...I have a reservation booked for us to eat at the Blue Bayou on Dapper Day and I just checked the menu and found that it has changed. They previously had a vegetarian entree that was vegan (portobello mushroom and Louisiana popcorn rice dish which I love), it has now been replaced by a non-vegan pasta dish (vegetable pasta which is described as “seasonal vegetables, basil beurre blanc—dairy—, and egg pasta”). Sounds good for vegetarians, but wouldn’t work for my party, sadly, and as the egg & dairy are integral parts of the dish, I’m not sure it could be modified for our needs.

I have e-mailed Special Diets to ask about the availability of a vegan option (specifically for us, an almond & avocado free one since we are also dealing with those allergies in our party). I will update this post when I hear back, but thought I’d post an alert here since I know a lot of us are heading in soon for the start of Pixarfest and/or Dapper Day and may have reservations booked which might require alterations.

~Meg

My experience at any Disney table-service restaurant has always been that the chef will come out and discuss any dietary restriction(s). I’m a longtime vegetarian and they’ve always been happy to prepare something that wasn’t on the menu. Several years ago at Storytellers, for example, the chef suggested a very tasty vegan, sugar-free entree. I think they always aim to please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter