Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

It is...i'm trying to book any studio (Std., BView or Garden) for January and can't get it...First time this has happened to me in 25 years of booking...11 months out, Dear God.....i thought Genie was awful....
It’s because they pulled rooms out of inventory to be refurbished. Plus marathon weekend made it worse. I’ve been watching this too. We don’t book again until April 2024 opens. I sure hope the refurb will be finished. Too many owners wanting too few rooms now.

It is...i'm trying to book any studio (Std., BView or Garden) for January and can't get it...First time this has happened to me in 25 years of booking...11 months out, Dear God.....i thought Genie was awful....
I got it! At precisely 7:59 a.m. the 2 bedroom boardwalk view was available. 8 a.m. - Clicked continue but it made me refresh. :crazy2: The room was still available and I booked it. However, it's Jan 8 - 15, and I really want the week starting Jan 13 or 14 so I'll have to try walking it. I've never had to walk a room before. I've been a member since 2007 and have often travelled during F&W. This is exhausting! If walking doesn't work, I'll make the dates I have work.

P.S. Don't get me started on Genie.

Last edited:
I got it! At precisely 7:59 a.m. the 2 bedroom boardwalk view was available. 8 a.m. - Clicked continue but it made me refresh. :crazy2: The room was still available and I booked it. However, it's Jan 8 - 15, and I really want the week starting Jan 13 or 14 so I'll have to try walking it. I've never had to walk a room before. I've been a member since 2007 and have often travelled during F&W. This is exhausting! If walking doesn't work, I'll make the dates I have work.

P.S. Don't get me started on Genie.
I was just on the dvc site and saw garden view available starting the 7th. Just as I posted, other than refurb, the marathon weekend contributed to the low inventory too. Glad you got in. I agree, it shouldn’t be this hard at the 11 month window.

Last edited:
I was just on the dvc site and saw standard available starting the 7th. Just as I posted, other than refurb, the marathon weekend contributed to the low inventory too. Glad you got in. I agree, it shouldn’t be this hard at the 11 month window.
No standards available when I was on at 8. Whole week greyed out. Waitlist only for all three room sizes. Garden/pool view was available, still is, but for the same number of points I'd rather have the Boardwalk View. Is it possible that different people see different availability?

No standards available when I was on at 8. Whole week greyed out. Waitlist only for all three room sizes. Garden/pool view was available, still is, but for the same number of points I'd rather have the Boardwalk View. Is it possible that different people see different availability?
Sorry, you’re right. I meant to say garden view. I know standard is closed for refurb. I think my fingers only know how to type standard. I changed it above. I always book standard and surely hope it’s back when my May 2024 booking opens. As for garden, I’ve never had trouble booking that catagory at 7 months, so at 11 months was rare And eye opening

Sorry, you’re right. I meant to say garden view. I know standard is closed for refurb. I think my fingers only know how to type standard. I changed it above. I always book standard and surely hope it’s back when my May 2024 booking opens. As for garden, I’ve never had trouble booking that catagory at 7 months, so at 11 months was rare And eye opening
Good luck with your May reservation. :shamrock:

So any guesstimates as to when renovations will be done for studio standard views?

From what I can find there are:
152 pool/garden studios
52 standard view studios
29 bw view studios.

Looked like as the inventory for pool garden view disappeared from mid September to start of November.

Don’t know for sure when the inventory disappeared for bw view.

/C

So any guesstimates as to when renovations will be done for studio standard views?

152 pool/garden studios
52 standard view studios
29 bw view studios.

Looked like as the inventory for pool garden view disappeared from mid September to start of November.

/C
What I was thinking was while they did the boardwalk view rooms, they did those pool/garden rooms across the hall from them and the same for the standard hallways too. so once they finish standard and bw view rooms, that should include 80 pool/garden rooms too. Just a thought. They certainly weren't going to do all the rooms on one side of the hall…..so thinking standard wings will be last to finish.

152 pool/garden studios
52 standard view studios
29 bw view studios.

/C
The boardwalk view rooms were blocked out from Sep 9 through Nov 23, 2023. The standards started the block-out Jan 1, 2024 and the total time is not yet known -- the reservation system never shows the status of more than 7 nights starting from 11 months out, and what has been happening is that daily one more end night is shown as gone; we will not know the end date for that until it stops the daily addition of a night.

There have been reports that internal room refurbs have already been started in some standard view rooms. My sense is that both the boardwalk view fall block-out, and now the standard view early 2024 block-out, is not for internal room work, which has already started, but for some substantial outside work. In the past, refurbs, which were mostly internal work (with any exterior work done in fairly small parts of the building at a time), never took all the rooms in a booking category out of service. That is because the typical process for internal refurbs was always to do no more than 1/2 of a one floor at a time. That internal work takes out of service both sides of a hallway, because workers are often bringing and removing, on carts, materials for the rooms. Thus, if they were taking out of service all the boardwalk view rooms or standard view rooms at the same time for an internal refurb, that would also take out a large number of pool/garden view rooms.

Last edited:
Hi all. I haven’t been keeping up on whats doing at the BWV for this week. I do know the main slide is under reno, but that won’t impact us because the kids are still too small for it.

Are there any other major impactful renovations happening at this time at
BW? We have a 2 bedroom BWV for this week.

TIA
Dee

Hopefully they work fast, and my 2 bed BW view is refurbed in Jan 2024. I'm excited for the murphy beds, which really gives an extra sleeping space for adults.

New to this and trying to follow the speculation for villa side refurbs (and I love following the speculation)...I have a pool/garden 2br booked for Jan 24. What are the chances it would be refurbished? Are these located all over the property or just certain wings/floors?

152 pool/garden studios
52 standard view studios
29 bw view studios.

/C
I am a new owner and I am really confused about the room categories. The points charts only list two types of rooms but when I search rooms there are 3 types. Can someone explain?

I am a new owner and I am really confused about the room categories. The points charts only list two types of rooms but when I search rooms there are 3 types. Can someone explain?
Boardwalk view is a room overlooking the boardwalk, garden/pool is either the courtyard or the pool. They are the same point value, which is why the point chart lists it as "B/G/P" or however their abreviation reads.

Hi. Do you think when they do the BW view rooms there will also be scafolding on the actual Boardwalk? Are they just doing the rooms or the exteriors too?
Just womdering how intrusive the renovation will be.
Thank you.

When BWV opened, there were only two view categories - Standard and Preferred. BW view was included in Preferred and was only a request. After a significant number of loud arguments at the front desk by guests whose requests for BW view weren’t fulfilled, the Preferred category was split into separate Garden/Pool View and BoardWalk View categories with no change in points cost.

When BWV opened, there were only two view categories - Standard and Preferred. BW view was included in Preferred and was only a request. After a significant number of loud arguments at the front desk by guests whose requests for BW view weren’t fulfilled, the Preferred category was split into separate Garden/Pool View and BoardWalk View categories with no change in points cost.
Exactly. Same scenario for okw too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter