Boardwalk Busses?

valeriekc

DIS Veteran & DVC member
Well it has come to the time of year again when I dread the annual bummout of cramming my family of 5 with a stroller..onto one bus that shares with Boardwalk villas, Boardwalk Inn, Swan, Dolphin, Yacht club, Beach club, and shudders,... hopefully not the new Beach club Villas.

I haven't seen any complaints about it lately and wonder if "it's just me?"

I have always wondered why people pay to stay at these premium hotels and put up with cattle car cramming to go to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom?
I being a DVC member at BWV don't have a lot of great options.

Please weigh in!
Has the busing improved over the year??
Am I being irrational?
What has your experience been? I'd really like to hear its improved!
Thanks in advance

That's why I rent a car when staying at BWV (also at OKW). Hate those busses!

We stayed there in December and they only time we took the bus was to MVMCP and on the way back stopped at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach...finally got to BW. If it wasn't midnight and we were so tired we would have got off at the first stop and walked. I just don't have the patience for it. I'm used to driving in rush hour city traffic, so WDW driving is easy to me. Plus the car gives us the freedom to go offsite to get groceries, eat offsite and go to the outlets.

Beach Club Villas will be sharing the Beach Club bus stop, so there's going to be even more people....:(

Actually, Beach Clib Villas will be included in the BC busses as it will use the same busses and bus stop as BC. Note that they did do some routing changes starting mid last year. During busy times, S/D now has its own bus that runs to MK while BW and YC/BC share another. Somewhat of an improvement. The shared bus problem exists at the Epcot and Monorail resorts and I agree it is mediocre at best, but then I think all the bus service at WDW is mediocre at best. When staying at BWV we tend to use the bus for MK (as it is a direct shot from BW which is the last stop of the Epcot resorts when going to a park). We drive to AK as it is otherwise too long when you also have to stop at BB.

At BWV we ride the bus to MK, walk to epcot and MGM and take our car to AK.

We take the bus from the depot at the BWV but on the way home we always get off and walk from the S/D.

I to think the bus situation should change to many people cram on to the buses on the ride home.....

Thank you guys for the responses!
Has anyone else stayed at the Boadwalk and used the buses to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in the last 8 months?
Please speak up and tell us your thoughts as well!

Was just at BWV March 2 - 9 and rode the bus to MK and AK. Since BW is the last stop on the bus, we went to the parks from the BW. But coming home from both parks, we did stop at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Club hotels before stopping at BW. I did not see ANY change from previous trips in the bus situation to both of these parks. Maybe it wasn't considered "busy" enough to warrant the separate bus for S & D. Sorry if this is bad news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter