BoardWalk in 2/06

aDVCguy

"Have itch...MUST see Mouse!"
:banana:
We'll be staying in a preferred view studuio @ BWV during week of
Feb. 20th...just wondering if anything special goes on that week there
or in the World. Also, does anyone have a favorite eatery @ BWV or the surrounding area? How about a special room #(view)?
P.S.
How wild is that awesome looking water slide @ BWV? The info I've seen
says it's 210 ft. long! Is that correct?
Thanks All!
:moped: Have itch...Must see Mouse!
:cool1:

aDVCguy said:
We'll be staying in a preferred view studuio @ BWV during week of
Feb. 20th...just wondering if anything special goes on that week there
or in the World. Also, does anyone have a favorite eatery @ BWV or the surrounding area? How about a special room #(view)?
P.S.
How wild is that awesome looking water slide @ BWV? The info I've seen
says it's 210 ft. long! Is that correct?
aDVCguy, I don't know about best rooms or waterslides, but I'm also interested in special events there that week. We're taking my family (DW, DD age 4, and DD turning 8 during our stay), a 17 yo French exchange student, my two sisters and their husbands down 2/18-2/25/06. 1st night @ PopCentury (to save DVC points for days when we'll really get use out of them), then 3 days in two (2) 2BRs at BCV, then 3 days in a BWV Grand Villa (never been in one before!).

As far as food in the BWV area, ESPN is fun; plan to try Spoodles this trip. You've GOT to head to Beaches and Cream over the Yacht and Beach Club for ice cream (or a sandwich). Bring all your friends and order "the Kitchen Sink" (INCREDIBLE!).

When we're closer to trip time, I suggest we start a Roll Call and maybe meet up with other DISboard'ers at some point during the week. Hope to see you there!

Chris

aDVCguy, as far as places to eat, in addition to the restaurants at the BW, BC, and YC, you have all of the restaurants in Epcot's World Showcase, as well as in the rest of Epcot, within walking distance. Lots of great places and many different cuisines to choose from around the WS.

cyiland, how nice of you to take your student to WDW! I hope she/he gets a chance to stop by the French bakery in Epcot to enjoy some of the special treats from home, as well as have a chance to speak French with the French CMs there.

What is the weather like in February? I was thinking of a short Valentine's Day trip.

it could get cool at night so bring a lite jacket. we were there last Feb and on tues Feb 8 , 2005 we went to MARTI GRAS at PI. First time for this and it was great.

Not sure of MARTI GRAS DATES for Feb 2006

I would think the weather will be wonderful! Can't answer specifically, since we have never been that time of year. We will be doing early March this year.

Last year it was very warm, we swam every day. Other years it's been hit or miss.....but I always wear shorts!!! Anything is better than Feb. in NY.

I'll be at BWV at the same time (Feb. 19-26). I've had generally terrific weather on my trips in Feb., though I realize that it could certainly be cold one of these times.

Favorite eatery in the area? Love Beaches & Cream over at Beach Club for a great burger, drinks at ESPN, or Cape May for a nice dinner. Oh, can't forget Boardwalk Bakery for goodies. :)

We love Spoodles for the whole family and have had fabulous grown-up meals at The Flying Fish, right next door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter