Boardwalk Restaurants

Paul and Shirley

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

we would like to eat in one of the restaurants at the BW but having never eaten in that area before would love some advice from you.

Any suggestions gratefully received

I like Spoodles - eaten there a few times now and always enjoyed it. Priority Seating is usually recommended.

Just a few weeks ago Janice, Kath and I went to the Big River Grill and Brewing Works - I appreciate they were doing some renovation but even so, found the interior lacked atmosphere/ambience - pity the outside tables were taken as I'm sure we'd have been better out there. The food was fine although our server wasn't very efficient - sweet, but not very 'with it' . They don't take PSs for this restaurant.

The ESPN Club was a hit with our sons as it has a giant screen showing live sports - we liked the atmosphere, the food was okay ( burgers, club sandwiches etc) and we did enjoy it - again, no PSs taken and the line can get long waiting for a table - you'll be okay if you avoid the usual rush hours.

Not a fishy family, so didn't try the Flying Fish Cafe.

Spoodles also has a pizza window - you can have slices or the whole thing - they are made to order, to go, but we sat at the tables outside which was great as we could watch some of the street entertainment whilst we ate. I'd recommend this if, like us, you don't fancy a big meal and just want something fairly quickly without fuss ( we were on our way back to the resort after a hard day at the parks :D )

Hi

We too didn't think much of Big River Grill. Food - just OK, no atmosphere inside - might be nice outside though.

Spoodles we liked, good food, server and atmosphere. We were luck enough to sit on the Boardwalk which was great

Kaylee

We love Spoodles - their speciality is tapas. You can either have them as starters, or just order a selection to share as entrees. The four cheese flatbread is lush.

Flying Fish Cafe is one of our favourite WDW restaurants. Churlish not to order fish if you like it, but there are plenty of other options for those who don't.

We've also spent a couple of great evenings at ESPN sans children! It would be OK with Katherine in tow, but if you can manage a trip on your own, you can sit at the bar, set up a tab and get chatting to the locals.

Spoodles I thought the food was very good and a nice atmosphere. Reasonable value although the cost can rack up if you order a (for me) decent amount of food.

The Big river Grill we sat outside, the food was pretty good and it was a nice warm spring day so I have good memories of it. I'm not sure if I'd have been so happy in August LOL.

Flying Fish I had a REALLY nice meal at, very much the "best quality" restaurant on BW with prices to match.

Other alternatives in the area are Beaches and Cream in the Y+B club hotel which we had a really nice lunch at ( just burgers and stuff but it's a fun place to visit and great icecream desserts) . For evenings the Y+B's New England clam bake is a really good buffet meal ( despite it's name it doesn't just rely on seafood) and we had a REALLY nice mexican meal in the Swan and Dolphin hotel. Certainly not your "run of the mill "Mexican, more gourmet style with a mexican twist to it. Palio's and the Steakhouse in these hotels also get good reviews

I agree with Vernon, the Clam Bake Buffet at Cape May Cafe is superb, as long as you appreciate seafood!! We had our "first night" meal there, and along with Boma and Ohana think it's a bit different for WDW, and although their are lots of children it was a lot more civilised than a lot of buffets!! Dessert is included too.......

It was lovely to cruise the Boardwalk and soak up the atmosphere without using a day of a hopper ticket!

Another vote for Flying Fish from me.

I rate it right up there with the California Grill as my favourite restaurant in WDW.
The only problem - It ain't cheap!

Kev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter