Boardwalk to IOA?

Calcio

DIS Veteran
I need the help of you experts out there.

I'm staying by myself at the BWI this January 5-9. Since I'm alone, and I crave the thrills of fast rides, for the first time I'm going to spend a day at Islands of Adventure.

My question is, how do I get from BWI to IOA? I know I can take a taxi, but it looks like a 13 mile trip one way, which I assume translates into a $35 cab fare each way. One round trip, and the $50 admission quickly becomes $120.

Do the Walt Disney Village hotels run shuttles to Universal Studios like they do to WDW? Even if I take the shuttle only 1 way, it's a significant savings.

Any other ideas you have would be great to hear.

Thanks

One option is Mears. If I read their 2003 rate chart correctly, they charge $13.00 per adult for a roundtrip (WDW - Universal). You'll probably have to call them for details. Here's the link I used:

http://www.mearstransportation.com/

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you Carol from Minnesota.

I hadn't thought of Mears for the Round-Trip. Yes, their web site shows a $13 round trip from their zone 4 hotels (all WDW resorts) to and from Universal Studios. I'm sure I can take care of the arrangements once I'm in Orlando.

That sure beats the cost of a taxi!

The bus may be less expensive, but it will certainly take longer than Mears. IMHO, my vacation time is worth at least the difference in $ between the bus and Mears (especially since the Mears ride is non-stop - no transfers).

For those who have the time, the public bus is certainly a cheap alternative!

Disney does not provide any transportation to IOA. Tiffany town car will take you and back for a small fee. They once took us to Sea world, drop us off and pick us up at the time we wanted. Mears gave wanted us to be ready 2 hrs before and had to call 2 hours wwhen we wanted to leave. Sometimes hard to find a phone for a call.
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:
MickeyMinnie.gif

Originally posted by J&J
Disney does not provide any transportation to IOA. Tiffany town car will take you and back for a small fee. They once took us to Sea world, drop us off and pick us up at the time we wanted. Mears gave wanted us to be ready 2 hrs before and had to call 2 hours wwhen we wanted to leave. Sometimes hard to find a phone for a call.
:p :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:
MickeyMinnie.gif

As J&J said tiffany allows more flexibilty. We had to call an hour before we wanted our driver to pick us up.

Good grief! I would never, I repeat never take the public bus from Disney to US/IOA - it involves 3 changes no less.

The Lynx system is good - I have used it to hop between WDW and Seaworld/I Drive many many times, but it would take a good hour and a half with those connections. If you don't have a car...Mears is the best and cheapest way unless there is a group of you, then it is more cost effective to use a taxi/Tiffany TC.

Just a quick note regarding Mears.............We've used them 2 or 3 times over and back to IOA. I gave them a pick up time (approximately) and the driver was very accomodating, in that he said he would be there at that time - if we wanted a later pick up, just call them (him) and they would adjust..........I found them very reliable............IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter