Boardwalk Villas - I got the best Standard View Room!

I also cannot see the photos. Do they get deleted from the page after a certain period of time?

The link may have changed from the source.

I have pictures on my report from 2003:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=477630

I requested it on my next trip and we ended up down near Jelllyrolls! At the time, the rooms over the DVC office looking towards the Swan were standard view. The only time I ever requested a specific room and the last time.

I did remove the pics from my server unfortunately - I had them up for a few months, then cleared them out to make room. I'll see if I can find someplace I can host them back up again without taking up my gallery space - I didn't think this thread would be brought back to life! I'm at work and cannot do it until tonight. It's an awesome room, BTW!

I just found out that I got Boardwalk at 7 months for Christmas - yea! Our first trip here. What should I request to have the best chance of getting these room? Also, how far is the self parking from the building? Can you check in first and do self parking or are we stuck having to pay for valet parking the check in day and then decide to move to self parking? Is it easy to unload from the self parking lot? Hubby is not a big fan of paying the bell boys to unload for us.

I've tried to request this room several times and have never gotten it. I called MS and asked for a request of room 2123, 3123, 4123 and still never got it! The last time I had 2125 and the CM said, well we put you close to it. I think just to taunt me. But of course after 15 stays at the BWV over the past 5 years, I've yet to ever get a request.

Well the DVC side of the Boardwalk is fairly long - you can be close to the main lobby, on the boardwalk, or all the way out by the parking lot. If you end up with one of the 'xx23' rooms, you're actually fairly close to self parking...though down that end of the building you only have stairs, not elevators - so if you get a high floor, hope your luggage isn't too heavy! All the way down the end where these rooms are, you're also quite close to the bus stop for Boardwalk. So it has some conveniences...but the walk to the lobby and boardwalk area are quite far.

You can try requesting the rooms - they are 'standard view' rooms, so if you're booked to 'preferred view' you actually won't be getting them. Even if standard view, I believe they take some good luck to get them, as many request these and don't get them. There are only 3 rooms like this...so chances are pretty thin! In my case, I didn't request them at all - I only discovered them when the front desk placed us there as an apology for not getting our requested 'close to the lobby' room, and said we'd like this room even though it was far away. They were right!

We just stayed in 4123! Loved it! Here's a link to a post with some pictures...

BWV 4123 Pictures

BWV-01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter