Bob Barker Has Passed Away

Game shows were so popular in the 50's-60's and 70's and people like Bob Barker were like members of your family. Not sure the current crop of Game Show hosts will ever reach the heights that Barker, Allen Ludden, Peter Marshall, Gary Moore, Wink Martindale, Gene Rayburn, Jack Narz, and Bob Eubanks did.
Funny, I still think of Pat Sajack as a newcomer to game shows and he's retiring! Watched him for years as the Weatherman on KNBC in Los Angeles.

Growing up, so many fond memories of watching Price is Right. My husband often tells the story of how good he got at grocery pricing, when he was out sick/home with mono as a kid. We all loved when we had a weekday morning at home, and could watch price is right. My oldest son also loved the show. When he was little, he wanted to be a game show host. He even wrote a fan letter to Bob Barker, and got an autographed picture. I think we still have that somewhere around here. Just hearing that music brings a smile, and that mountain climber game music, ha. Loved that game. I would be so bad at some of the games, especially Lucky 7 and Squeeze play. always picked the wrong numbers.

Wow, it really feels like the end of an era. I remember my mom watching The Price Is Right when I was a kid. I think he was the last of that generation of game show hosts.

God Bless Bob indeed. Dad and I did enjoy still watching The Price is Right. We tried out once for the show back in the 90's when Bob and Rod were still on it. I, of course, don't know Bob. I did appreciate the kind difference to animals he made and also that TPIR brought fun and joy to so many including us over the years. It is my Christian faith belief that he is now at his peace for which I'm glad.

Growing up, so many fond memories of watching Price is Right. My husband often tells the story of how good he got at grocery pricing, when he was out sick/home with mono as a kid. We all loved when we had a weekday morning at home, and could watch price is right. My oldest son also loved the show. When he was little, he wanted to be a game show host. He even wrote a fan letter to Bob Barker, and got an autographed picture. I think we still have that somewhere around here. Just hearing that music brings a smile, and that mountain climber game music, ha. Loved that game. I would be so bad at some of the games, especially Lucky 7 and Squeeze play. always picked the wrong numbers.
Price is Right was always interesting to me because they always use the manufacturers suggested retail price. NOBODY pays that price. And as my mom used to say, she sure wouldn't buy those products if she had to pay that price.

Game shows were so popular in the 50's-60's and 70's and people like Bob Barker were like members of your family. Not sure the current crop of Game Show hosts will ever reach the heights that Barker, Allen Ludden, Peter Marshall, Gary Moore, Wink Martindale, Gene Rayburn, Jack Narz, and Bob Eubanks did.
Funny, I still think of Pat Sajack as a newcomer to game shows and he's retiring! Watched him for years as the Weatherman on KNBC in Los Angeles.

Why would a Los Angeles station waste money by paying a weatherman? Couldn't they just record someone saying "Sunny and 72" and play it over and over? :)

Why would a Los Angeles station waste money by paying a weatherman? Couldn't they just record someone saying "Sunny and 72" and play it over and over? :)
Well with some areas of Los Angeles getting a years worth of rain in one day in the past week, flooding and mudslides, once in a while there is weather in L.A.

I feel like a little part of my childhood died with him - my mom always watched him on The Price is Right. May he RIP.

He has a childhood icon watched him during summer vacations and every time I was home sick from school love Bob RIP
I still watch the show every day we’re true it’s not the same miss Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter