BOG breakfast on an 8 am opening

whiporee

DIS Veteran
So we got extra hours today but lost the BOG advantage. For anyone who has done it, is it worth it to have breakfast anyway, even if it's not a line/back of park advantage? assuming you need to eat breakfast anyway.

We enjoyed it both as a PPO and as a later ADR. But we like the food and atmosphere and were in no rush to ride PP or 7DMT. The meal is pretty quick and we were back out in the park close to 8:30 (we were front of the line to get in). We still rode many things with very little wait, just not PP or mine train.

We had an ADR for there at 8 as well. Thankfully, the park hours did not change and if they did I would have cancelled our res.

Now that we have been, and if we were in the same situation, I would keep it. The meal was delicious, we pre-ordered our breakfast, so our total time was quite short. The kids (3 girls, all Belle fans) loved seeing the different rooms. We were able to eat right beside the rose, it was so amazing!!!!!

I agree with FCDub about you'd be missing out on a good time to hit the rides, plus the breakfast food we had was a bad value IMO. I have Celiacs and about the only thing on the menu I could eat were the scrambled eggs which were of very poor quality and expensive for the amount of food. The only thing that appealed to my daughter was cereal of which there was only 1 or 2 choices and the serving was tiny, again expensive for the amount. They didn't give us pastries - at the time I thought it was because they were out but now I think it was because I told them about my Celiacs. I guess it is kind of neat to eat inside because of the theming but not good enough to get me to go back.

I wouldn't waste valuable park time while ride waits are low.

I personally haven't been to BoG but I've seen over and over people say how their breakfast is skippable

Thanks for the input everyone. If you don't mind, I'd like a little more advice.

We're hitting MK on July 3, which now has EMH until 2 am. I've got the CL FPs, so I've got six booked for the day. I've got the aforementioned BOG at 8:30, then CP at 1 and the Desert Party.

We'll be doing DAH on June 28. If they had released it earlier, my plans would be different. But we're doing it anyway.

Given what I've laid out, does it make a lot of sense to try to get to MK early? We'll be there late that night, and if I lose the BOG then there's nothing pulling us to MK before the CP ressie. I'm thinking we can get our mass ride fix at DAH, and 6 FPs ain't great, but I think it'll be hard to get many on the fly that day. Because of the way I set up the FPs, I don't think it makes logistical sense to go early, then back to Poly and then back. But I also know crowds build during the day, and the sheer largeness of the crowd might make us crazy. So am I goofy for thinking we should just sleep in, have CL breakfast and hit the park around noon?

Given what I've laid out, does it make a lot of sense to try to get to MK early? We'll be there late that night, and if I lose the BOG then there's nothing pulling us to MK before the CP ressie. I'm thinking we can get our mass ride fix at DAH, and 6 FPs ain't great, but I think it'll be hard to get many on the fly that day. Because of the way I set up the FPs, I don't think it makes logistical sense to go early, then back to Poly and then back. But I also know crowds build during the day, and the sheer largeness of the crowd might make us crazy. So am I goofy for thinking we should just sleep in, have CL breakfast and hit the park around noon?

This is just me, but I know the heat and humidity of the afternoon coupled with the mass of humanity on July 3 would NOT be magical for my family. So, if it were me, I'd still go in the early a.m., and take the break after CP. I'd be trying to move CP to a little earlier ADR to get out of MK a little earlier. If I could, I'd start my FP+ around 9:30- 10 to get 3 of them in that morning and start the evening ones around 5:30. Staying at the Poly is an easy in and out of MK.

Can you move CP to a late breakfast? We have done rope drop, CP at 10:30ish, use FP 1, 2, 3 in a row and head out. Then I'd go back to the Poly and not come back until 6:00 or so. You could use three more FP before you check in for the dessert party.

If you think you can stand the heat and crowds, though, I'd plan to show up for CP at 1:00 and not ride anything until after. Use FP to get you through the afternoon. But my family wouldn't be able to hack that.

Thanks for the input everyone. If you don't mind, I'd like a little more advice.

We're hitting MK on July 3, which now has EMH until 2 am. I've got the CL FPs, so I've got six booked for the day. I've got the aforementioned BOG at 8:30, then CP at 1 and the Desert Party.

We'll be doing DAH on June 28. If they had released it earlier, my plans would be different. But we're doing it anyway.

Not helpful given what you describe and your extra FP deal that day... but if this were me... I’d do MK in the AM, head back to Poly after lunch/early afternoon, and not come back! :-) That’s what we did last year.

FWIW, last year we watched the fireworks from Poly, waited a bit, and then headed into MK for late EMHs. It was still very crowded trying to get in the park.

Does the MK usually close to capacity on July 3? If not, I'd do early MK (even keep your BOG if you really want, but I'd probably reschedule bkfst or even do a QS bkfst around 930-10), leave around lunch (lunch at Kona?), swim or nap afternoon, and return to MK early evening planning to stay until 2am. That last hour of EMH will be worth the afternoon nap in order to stay that late.

We have BOG at 8:20 on July 3. I knew about the EMH that night, but is the park really opening at 8 am that day now too? This ruins my entire MK plans for the morning

We have BOG at 8:20 on July 3. I knew about the EMH that night, but is the park really opening at 8 am that day now too? This ruins my entire MK plans for the morning

Yeah, they extended the hours yesterday. You might want to check with the website before you change plans, but I got this update from TP yesterday.

Jul. 3, 2018
Tuesday

» Magic Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
8:00 AM-12:00 AM +EMH Evening
Magic Kingdom Opening Time changed from 9:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
Magic Kingdom Closing Time changed from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
» Animal Kingdom Revised Park Hours:
9:00 AM-10:30 PM
Animal Kingdom Closing Time changed from 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM.

it's also up to an 8 from a 7.

This is why you always want to stay updated on park hours as trips get closer and always keep in mind that a PPO ADR scheduled months out doesn't guarantee it'll be a PPO ADR the day of.

Bright side is that they updated it this far out and you have plenty of time to move stuff around if you'd like to. Way better than not checking and finding out the day of

We've made BOG breakfast our first MK day tradition. It' nice to have ppo but we still go. It' a great deal on the dining plan for a QS meal.

I’ve done that (on July 3) arrive close to noon and stay the day. If your goal is having fun with the family and seeing great fireworks, it’s great. Go doing every ride multiple times..not so good.

You will have your 6 FP+
Make sure to take time to sit for indoor shows in the afternoon (to cool off).
If you take it slow it works fine.

I’ve done that (on July 3) arrive close to noon and stay the day. If your goal is having fun with the family and seeing great fireworks, it’s great. Go doing every ride multiple times..not so good.

You will have your 6 FP+
Make sure to take time to sit for indoor shows in the afternoon (to cool off).
If you take it slow it works fine.

I agree. This is sort of our plan for July 3, too, only we are doing HS in the afternoon and then moving to MK. But we are starting our day off late so we can sleep in. We are leaving the next day, so plan is to sleep in, pack and eat brunch at POP. We have afternoon FPs at HS, including Slinky Dog Dash. 3:30 reservation for Sci-Fi (plan to really take our time there and relax and cool off). Leaving HS after that and making our way over to MK. We don't have high expectations for riding much at MK before the dessert party. Hoping we can make it until 2am! My kids are much better at doing night hours than mornings as they get older. We are doing both, but I am trying to utilize the evening EMH where we can. We'll see if that pays off or not.

ETA: We have BOG breakfast plans for another morning. So far the park hours have not changed for that day. If they do, we will cancel because it is not worth it without the early entry advantage, IMO. If not cancel, I would suggest you try and modify for a later breakfast/brunch or even replace CP with a lunch if you can get it and you really want to eat there.

This is why you always want to stay updated on park hours as trips get closer and always keep in mind that a PPO ADR scheduled months out doesn't guarantee it'll be a PPO ADR the day of.

Bright side is that they updated it this far out and you have plenty of time to move stuff around if you'd like to. Way better than not checking and finding out the day of

Although, there was no lunch times available I was just able to switch our breakfast from 8 to 10:20. I figure we can grab a muffin or something at the resort to tide us over. RP Mine Train and see what else we can squeeze in before lines get crazy. Yes, I've learned flexibility is key to WDW planning for sure. I'm gonna keep stalking and hope a lunch opens up instead. I really wanted to experience BOG since we've never been.

Yep. On our very first trip in December 2010 we had a CP adr for PPO. I have absolutely no idea when they changed hours, but we got there to find out that the park was opening at the time of our adr. We were a group of 8, comprising of three families, and it’s hard to mobilize or demobilize. We kept the adr (even though there was no cancel fee then) and watched the lark fill up as we tried to cajole the three kids in the group to eat something.

IMO there is *no* breakfast anywhere on property good or interesting enough to miss valuable early (less crowded, not as hot) park hours for.

With a long day like that and staying at poly I’d go early for the emptier park and cooler temperatures then take a break later, but I wouldn’t waste time with a breakfast that’s of dubious value.

You said you’re Poly concierge? Grab breakfast there then head over for a morning of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter