BOG new test lunch res online?

Has anyone used a fast pass here over the last couple of weeks to confirm if they had to show their email invite? We booked a fast pass in December (no invite) and we just gave our name at the podium and went right through. I did have a printout of the confirmation page (which included the fast pass time and food order), but I didn't need it. All they wanted was our name.

someone posted on another BOG FP+ thread that they used the link without an invitation with out any problems in the last week

Thanks for the update!

I guess I will try it when I am there on April 1st.

I think you should be fine. The special link was set up for a "select invited guests" but got posted here and people have used it for months. Disney has got to know that way more people are using the BOG FP+ than are invited but has chosen not to shut down the link. Maybe someday it will become one of the 3/day regular FP+ but as long has people are able to use the link I would think that they are not going to turn away guests that booked it.

I highly recommend the braised pork it was SO good.

I've been following the threads on the BOG Lunch FP+ and since I am going mid-May, I was excited to be able to try this. Of course May is not open yet, so I haven't actually tried to make the reservation yet.

I had called the Disney Dining line to change the time on a reservation last week, as my laptop was having an issue. The CM assisted me, and I asked her about the BOG FP. She said "you will definately receive an invitation by email upon your check in." She repeated "definately" a few times.

Then I had to call back over the weekend to add one more meal, as I kept seeing it on the screen, but was getting an error when I tried to reserve. That CM asked me if there was anything else she could help me with, and I told her I was just waiting for times to open up for BOG Lunch. She told me that it was only reserved by invitation, and those were completely random. I told her I had heard that some folks were able to reserve with their confirmation number, and she said that was incorrect.

Either the CMs don't know about this, or they are being told to discourage us from reserving this way. I don't know if I will recieve a invite upon check-in (I wonder if my account was flagged and thats why the first CM said what she did) or even what to think. Its not the end of the world if I don't get to eat there, but I wish I was more sure about the process. I would be REALLY interested to hear from people who were granted access or denied access who had made their reservation without an email invitation.

I think you will have at least a 10-15 minute wait no matter what. Even if you have pre-ordered your meal, you still have to go through the line to pay. The pre-ordering saves you no more than 5 to 10 minutes, which is the time you spend inputting your selections on a touch screen. Plus, my experience was, even though I had pre-ordered, there was no record of the meals... Yes, they had my reservation... the pre-ordered meals were not there so I had to do them again.:woohoo:

Sounds good- I don't mind waiting an extra 5-10 minutes, the kids will get a kick out of ordering for themselves.

Thanks!

That is a good plan humpback! The kids will definitely get a kick out of the touch screen ordering. If it's busy however some of the kiosks are staffed by CM's to speed up the process. (You can ask them if they would mind letting the kids do it themselves...)

Also, when you are in line (albeit a short one!) :thumbsup2 there are inter-active menus that have pictures of all the food. That helps when it is your turn to know what you want to order a few minutes ahead of time. Enjoy! It is a truly neat experience...pixiedust:

I've been following the threads on the BOG Lunch FP+ and since I am going mid-May, I was excited to be able to try this. Of course May is not open yet, so I haven't actually tried to make the reservation yet.

I had called the Disney Dining line to change the time on a reservation last week, as my laptop was having an issue. The CM assisted me, and I asked her about the BOG FP. She said "you will definately receive an invitation by email upon your check in." She repeated "definately" a few times.

Then I had to call back over the weekend to add one more meal, as I kept seeing it on the screen, but was getting an error when I tried to reserve. That CM asked me if there was anything else she could help me with, and I told her I was just waiting for times to open up for BOG Lunch. She told me that it was only reserved by invitation, and those were completely random. I told her I had heard that some folks were able to reserve with their confirmation number, and she said that was incorrect.

Either the CMs don't know about this, or they are being told to discourage us from reserving this way. I don't know if I will recieve a invite upon check-in (I wonder if my account was flagged and thats why the first CM said what she did) or even what to think. Its not the end of the world if I don't get to eat there, but I wish I was more sure about the process. I would be REALLY interested to hear from people who were granted access or denied access who had made their reservation without an email invitation.

I think CMs just get different information. I used a BOG FP+ in November 2013 without an invitation. I made a BOG FP+ for my February trip BEFORE I received the invite and had no problem getting in. I don't think Disney can really police people who got an email/didn't get an email because anyone can say they got an email and that they deleted it. As long as you have a physical reservation on the site, I would think it'd be no problem getting in.

In November, they didn't even ask about the email invite. The lady at check out asked who's account the email was sent to so she could scan that person's MB because our preorder didn't come up right away and she thought it might have been tied to only one person's MB. Preorder still didn't come up so we just ordered again. If we didn't have trouble with our preorder I doubt anyone would have asked about the email.

I did not receive an invitation, but just now followed the link, signed in with my Disney account, and used my MagicBand confirmation # to get a lunch FP! We'll see if they honour my invitationless "reservation" when I go to check in, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Just followed the link and nothing available for any day during our May trip :confused3 . I just hope that our FP+ for the Anna/Elsa meet and greet finishes up in time for an early lunch at BOG.

Just followed the link and nothing available for any day during our May trip :confused3 . I just hope that our FP+ for the Anna/Elsa meet and greet finishes up in time for an early lunch at BOG.

Don't worry, May hasn't opened up to book yet. :thumbsup2 Keep watching this thread. Once May opens up, there will be a whirlwind of activity here! :goodvibes

When we went in January we did not receive an invitation, I just followed the link and the screen shot my confirmation. When we went to check in they did not have my info on their computer but I showed them my screen shot and they let us in.

We will be at the yacht club april 29th to May 5th

How were some of you able to book for May?

I used the link provided it will not let me book with my email address (because I used it successfully in Oct)

It will however let me log in with my husbands but it will only give me the options to book a week out from now

am i doing something wrong?

We will be at the yacht club april 29th to May 5th

How were some of you able to book for May?

I used the link provided it will not let me book with my email address (because I used it successfully in Oct)

It will however let me log in with my husbands but it will only give me the options to book a week out from now

am i doing something wrong?
Did you put in your reservation or Magic Band confirmation number?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter