Boma's - Breakfast or Dinner?

J

JohnW

After reading how everyone thinks highly of Boma's and wanting to have a look around AKL, I think Boma's is a must do for us. However, should we do breakfast or dinner there? We are three adults and two children of 7 and 4 who are not fussy eaters but not particularly adventurous?

What do you all think?

thanks!!

I would suggest dinner,Breakfasts tend to be pretty similar whereever you go whereas IMHO the dinner offerings at Boma's are quite different and in many ways unique, being a buffet it gives the more conservative among you the choice to try different things knowing you can still go for something safer afterwards if you didn't like it. The kids area was very good as well. Watching the sunset over the "savannah" area was a really nice way to end the day

we didn't have breakfast there, but I would agree with Vernon, pancakes are pancakes whereever you eat.

The dinner buffet was awesome - they have standard kids fair, so you don't have to worry about them - they can have chicken fingers or mac and cheese etc, but the adults food was delicious. Nothing looked really unusual or scary, but it was all just slightly different from the norm - the fried chicken was amazing, as was the potato soup. I am normally quite conservative, and don't try everything on a buffet, just stick with a couple of 'safe' looking dishes, but I tried nearly everything on here, and was impressed with everything.

Bev

Breakfast is quite a laid back affair at Boma and it is quite pleasant to be around the Lodge early in the morning, but you will feel more of the fabulous ambiance of the place during the evening. Be warned, though, that dinner is VERY busy at Boma. Don't worry about the kids - they will find plenty of options.

Be warned, though, that dinner is VERY busy at Boma.

Just a thought on this - we ended up eating at Boma at 5pm, because we wanted to eat there, and we also wanted to go to Magic Kingdom for the evening - at 5pm it was quite pleasant, but I can imagine that it got hectic later on in the evening.

Bev

What type of food do they have for dinner? My boyfriend is a bit of a whimp when it comes to trying new food but I really want to go here, so will need to persuade him.

Helen :bounce:

Here;s a menu
Boma Menu

But as it's a buffet it can change.

We had salmon with a nutty topping - I wasn't keen on the topping, but the salmon underneath was delicious.
Also had chicken which has a lovely sweet sticky sauce on it, and pork in a gravy.
There was nothing that looked 'odd' or was in a stew and hard to tell what it was.

we also had soup - there were 3 choices, and I had the potato one which was lovely, phil had a different one which was quite spicy.

they had a salad bar, and also rice and potatoes which were fairly 'normal'

the desserts were just amazing - a zebra dome which is a chocolate/coffee mousse, and also a very rich chocolate dessert.

Bev

......... as Bev says, the menu is changed frequently e.g. none of the soups that were recommended on an earlier thread were served when we were there - that said, the soups we had were every bit as good ( and I'm not a 'soup person')...... we had the potato and bacon soup and it was quite delicious.
Helen, your boyfriend could have plain meat - the Prime Rib and other roast was carved for you you could thenhelp yourself to sauces and chutney if you wanted. The breads are very good too!
Bev, I loved the salmon too, including the 'coating'.
Your server will advise you when you are first seated which foods are 'hot' and which are not! You can just go and help yourself as many times as you wish and if you don't like something you can just leave it - your plates are regularly cleared away and you help yourself to another plate. It's great fun!
It was very lively when we were in there with lots of small children - we ate at 7.30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter