Bonnet Creek - Presidential vs Deluxe ?

Syndrome

Who's super now?
Hey all,
In the planning stages of our WDW trip for next summer and have decided on Bonnet Creek ........we pass it all the time when in WDW, looks great so we are going to give it a try.
Just wondering What the differences are between the presidential rooms the deluxe rooms ? Are all the presidential suites on the upper floors ?
Saw some pictures of the 4 bdrm presidential and those chase lounges on the balcony look inviting !:lovestruc Dont really need the 4 bdrm though. Do the 3 bdrm units have chase lounges on the balcony's ?

Also our trip is next July / August .......prime time I am sure for Bonnet Creek. Should we chance it and wait until 60 days out to book something ? It seems like there is ALWAYS a lot available during the last 60 via e-bay and some of the re-salers. Should we chance it ?
Thanks for the help !

Syndrome

We stayed in a 3 bedroom presidential and we had a very large balcony, but no chaise lounges, just chairs.

If you really want a presidential unit, then you'd better book early. Those get booked fast. We are going back in 2 weeks and this time we are staying in a Deluxe room. We booked about 2 months in advance and at that time there were no more presidential suits left to book, so we took Deluxe.

At WBC, here are the specs for the 3BR Deluxe and 3 BR Presidential:

• Deluxe sleeps 10 with privacy for 6 or 8 (2 baths) depending on layout. 1503-1560 square feet. The bed configurations appear to be K, K, 2 Double, Q Sleeper in the living room. I say "appear" because that's the way it looks on the floor plan shown.
  • Presidential sleeps 8 with privacy for 6 (also 2 baths), because it does NOT have a sleeper couch. 1580 square feet and better layout. Bed configuration K, K, 2D. Most of the difference in square footage appears to be in the living room and master bath. Much larger balcony -- with chairs, not chaises as shown in the 4 BR Presidential...sorry. [ETA: The privacy number here should be 8/8. The second bath is accessed from the hallway, giving privacy to all three bedrooms.]
I agree with the poster above that, if you want Presidential, you'd better book early. Wyndham units can be booked at 13 months out by owners at that resort, 10 months by non-home owners.

Thanks for the info.
From the floorplans, the deluxe and presidential looks to be very close to the same size. The presidential may have a better layout for some families though .....more privacy.
Wondering about locations of the presidentials too ? Are they located in higher floors with better views and better buildings ? That alone would be a good reason to go Pres. vs deluxe. Cost doesn't seem to be a lot more for pres.
I am seeing a lot of availabilty for presidential (and deluxe) for the upcoming holiday weeks within 2 months right now via e-bay. Seems to be plenty of availability ..........Are the summer months a lot more "active" as far as units renting quicker than then even the winter holiday weeks ?
I guess maybe I am just new at this Bonnet Creek thing but from what I am seeing, there doesnt seem to be any reason to book a unit very far out. Am I wrong .........tell me if so ! :worship: .
I am thinking of booking a R/O reservation at WDW so its just 1 night deposit and easy cancellation........then waiting until 60 out to try and book a nice Bonnet Creek unit instead. Dont really want to pay more than $1200 ish a week for BC, so I may risk it and try to book later. If I am paying more than $200. a night .......... we will just stay on site. :duck: Thats our thinking anyway !:thumbsup2

Thanks for the help !
Syndrome

We are currently in a 1BR presidential in Tower 6, 18th floor. I would say, if presidential is within your budget and it's available, book it!! We are so spoiled here. We have to move over to the Wyndham Grande Hotel tomorrow (long story) and I'm feeling pouty because I know the room just won't measure up. This is our first time off-site, and I was a little apprehensive about it. There were things that I thought I'd miss that I don't really (daily housekeeping being the big one) and things I thought I'd hate but honestly find not too bad (laundry and cooking while on vacation - the layout of the suite makes it easy to do both and not have it be a huge fuss.) I do have to say, it's our first time driving here, and I do hate driving outside the Disney Bubble (another long story involving a breakdown, a delay on the part needed, so an extended vacation but with lots of running around.) When we come again (because we will come again!) I'm coming prepared for the full week and no going outside of the Disney area while we're here, so I don't have to deal with the real world for a while! :dance3:

Have an amazing time, whichever you choose, and know that presidential may spoil you for anything else!!:rolleyes1

If you can get Presidential go for it! I stayed in a Deluxe last spring, and a Presidential this past weekend, both 2 bedroom. The Presidential offers more luxury, kinda makes it feel like money well spent. The living room / kitchen / dining room area is significantly larger. So is the balcony. The Deluxe is nice. The Presidential is wow!

I wouldn't wait until 60 days out if you want a presidential. And you shouldn't be paying more than 200 a night for WBC unless you are renting a 4 bedroom presidential. And you will not find a room as big as a WBC room for even close to the low price anywhere on site at Disney. You will get better availability and prices by going through brokers who specialize in WBC like Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategies. There are a few more I can't think of that someone else may be able to tell you. But those ppl who have units for sale on eBay have already booked that unit and will charge more than a broker.

But as far as should you get presidential over deluxe. .. I would. They are upgraded units and not that much more expensive than deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter