Bonnet Creek

disneymom04

Mouseketeer
Good Morning!

We used to stay at Bonnet Creek and absolutely loved it. I'm planning on another stay there in Feb. Where can I find the best rates? I looked on VRBO and it was just over $2,000 for the week. I remember renting through third party company, but can't remember the name. Any help getting a better rate?

Thank you!!!

Many of the owners who did a lot of rentals have left the business, so it might be harder to get the prices you are used to. But, good places to look include Go Koala, Redweek, or TUG. Individual brokers/point managers who are still in business include Vacation Strategy; there may be others that don't come to mind right now.

Good Morning!

We used to stay at Bonnet Creek and absolutely loved it. I'm planning on another stay there in Feb. Where can I find the best rates? I looked on VRBO and it was just over $2,000 for the week. I remember renting through third party company, but can't remember the name. Any help getting a better rate?

Thank you!!!
Ebay.com shows more than 160 Bonnet Creek results, extraholidays.com is the official Wyndham rental arm and sometimes has lower prices than you might think. Vacation Upgrades is also frequently mentioned as a third-party company.

There are many sources of Bonnet Creek rentals, you just have to shop around. If you haven't booked in years, it is more expensive now.

Vacation Upgrades with Ken and Denise Price are also recommended. I have my current reservation for Dec. with them, and so far the communication (and the price) have been great!

A lot of timeshare owners that rented their points got out due to the rental restrictions - cannot rent over high demand weeks. For example if you are looking for President's Weekend - Club Wyndham (the timeshare portion) will cancel those if there is a guest reservation on file.

Below are the dates that have limited access by "guests" for 2024 at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2024: Jan. 11 - 14, 2024
President's Day 2024: Feb. 15 - 18, 2024
Spring Break & Easter 2024: Mar. 8 - Apr. 13, 2024
Memorial Day 2024: May 24 - 26, 2024
Summer 2024: Jun. 1 - Jul. 31, 2024
Labor Day 2024: Aug. 30 - Sep. 1, 2024
Thanksgiving 2024: Nov. 26 - 30, 2024
Christmas & New Year's 2024: Dec. 20 - 31, 2024

if you are looking for President's Weekend - Club Wyndham (the timeshare portion) will cancel those if there is a guest reservation on file.
Luckily, it's not quite that bad. Owners are allowed two "Guest Allowances" per year, where we can send a Guest during an Owner Priority window without also traveling at the same time. For garden variety owners who might rent a reservation once in a blue moon, that's more than enough. For people trying to rent dozens of high-value/high-demand reservations, it's a problem.

Here's the policy, emphasis added:

More Availability. Just For Timeshare Owners.

Your vacations are important to you. They’re your adventure, your escape and your bucket list dreams. Your Club Wyndham resorts are committed to prioritizing timeshare owner reservations by limiting access by non-owners, including guest reservations, during peak travel dates, giving you maximum availability and opportunity to vacation during holidays and other popular travel times.

We know how much you enjoy sharing your love of travel with family and friends. With that in mind, you can travel with your guests to these resorts during the dates listed below and may use two guest confirmations per year during the restricted dates when not travelling with your guests. We will refer to these as Guest Allowances.
It does mean that it might be harder to find an Owner who will rent during those periods, because either they've already used both Allowances, or they want to save one (or both) in case they are needed.

Generally speaking, it seems that most owners are happy with this, but that's probably because most owners don't do a lot of renting.

I booked through extra holidays for 7 nights in January for a 2 bedroom. Total cost will be $1440. I needed a cancellation policy and only have to pay a one nights deposit if I cancel less than 3 days before. I think this is a good deal.

That's a decent price, about $7.60/K, and that's only slightly more than what an owner there would pay---and after EH takes their cut, the owner that booked that is probably losing money on the deal.

The other advantage of Extra Holidays is that it is the "official" rental arm for Wyndham, so you don't run the risk of it being cancelled.

Luckily, it's not quite that bad. Owners are allowed two "Guest Allowances" per year, where we can send a Guest during an Owner Priority window without also traveling at the same time. For garden variety owners who might rent a reservation once in a blue moon, that's more than enough. For people trying to rent dozens of high-value/high-demand reservations, it's a problem.

Here's the policy, emphasis added:

It does mean that it might be harder to find an Owner who will rent during those periods, because either they've already used both Allowances, or they want to save one (or both) in case they are needed.

Generally speaking, it seems that most owners are happy with this, but that's probably because most owners don't do a lot of renting.
This seems very reasonable! I wish DVC would do something like this( even if they allowed one more
additional guest stay)- still gives owners some flexibility but cuts down on those who are using their points just for profit while taking up reservations that other DVC owners might have wanted. Just IMHO of course .

HI, do you know what type of cancellation policy Vacation Upgrades offers?
Thank you-

HI, do you know what type of cancellation policy Vacation Upgrades offers?
Thank you-
The following is copied and pasted from my rental agreement with them. I made an initial deposit of $250 about 3 months before our stay. I don't know if that amount is a percentage of the total - that may vary.
I owe the remaining 30 days before the stay. This is for an upcoming stay in Dec. of this year.

Owner may not cancel this agreement without reimbursing Renter all monies received from Renter. Should Renter cancel, Owner agrees to return all monies received, less $99. However, Renter may not cancel this agreement less than 20 days before the start date (i.e., after xx-xx-xxxx) without forfeiting all monies paid. If any payment is more than 5 days late, then Owner shall deem Renter to have cancelled.

Good Morning!

Thank you!!!
The only truly safe place to rent these days is extravacations since that is owned/managed by Wyndham. Renting from a third party runs the risk that your reservation will be cancelled since Wyndham has cracked down on commercial renting. There are horror stories of people showing up at the resort to find their reservations cancelled. The risk is low but it is there. This is especially true since you don’t know if the person you are renting from is a casual renter, or a mega renter who has already been warned by Wyndham to stop and has ignored the warning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter