Book reg rate then swith to AP?

RKB

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if I were to book at one of the DL resorts now for September - could I later switch my ressies to AP rates when they are released? Or if Iwant AP rates do I have to just wait until they are released. I called for some dates in June and there was no availability for the last week of June at all three resorts for four days in a row even at regular prices. I don't want to wait to long and miss out on Sept rooms! Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

I asked about this yesterday when on the phone with the resort people. The guy I talked to said I could pay for my APs along with booking my room and then I'd be eligible for the AP discount. I do not know if they expire one year after you pay for them or one year after your resort stay. Once I found out the AP discount is only 10%, I didn't ask anymore questions. Military is the same discount, so that wouldn't help me.
Good luck!!

Yes, you can switch your reservations to a lower or AP rate, as long as there are rooms available when you call. I've done this in the past. You do get a slight (10%) reduction off regular rates, so that's what you can book now, then if AP Hot Nights are announced, you can call and see if there is anything available for your stay. If so, they'll switch you over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter