Booked & Determined to look FIERCE! (comments, encouragement, & tips/advice welcome)

hops&dreams

DIS Veteran
OK - we finally booked our next WDW trip. It's not a week I had hoped for (when I could do a half at WDW), but we're still taking the vacation and I'm ok with not racing during it.

So, now that we are finally booked (we've been talking about it since we took DD for her first time in Jan 2010), I'm using it as my "light at the end of the tunnel." It will be my goal time for losing weight, getting fit, and looking GOOD!

A little about me - I'm 31, wife, and mom to a 2nd grader. After she was born, I lost weight quickly and was back to my old size by the time she was sleeping through the night (at 3 months). It seems when I hit 29, my previously fantastic metabolism took a nose dive, and over the last 2 years, I've yo-yo'ed, between 120 and 135, precariously close to what I weighed at the height of my pregnancy! I'm looking to get down to 115. If I can get down to 105, that would be fantastic, but I'm not holding my breath. baby steps, people! Baby steps...

I'm not looking to only lose the weight, but also to get fit. I want to look toned - not flabby. I want to be in cardiovascular shape, not for only for vanity, but for my health. Even though it's not that much weight, I can already feel the effect on my body: the sluggishness, the extra aches in my joints, the toll on my lungs.

So... check out my journey. I'll be here to document for encouragement, but moreso, for accountability! I've tired to lose before, and I became a perpetual training-program-drop-out, or p90x drop-out, or whatever.... so, now, I figure if I document, I'll have to at least report it, and stare at it, and it'll kick my butt back into gear. even if it's just a baby step, it'll be a baby step closer to my goal.

The Plan: my first steps will be eating right, snacking healthy, and starting c25k and STICKING TO IT!

Wish me luck... tomorrow's a new day to work toward my goal!

Starting weight: 129 lbs

today's eating included:
Breakfast - 1/2 a pb & chocolate chip granola bar - it was too sweet for me.
snack - chips & salsa (reasonable portion)
lunch - salad with 2 slices of turkey (lunch meat) & an activia yogurt (peach flavor - yum!)
dinner - General Tso's chicken (homemade) and 1 cup of white rice, salad with raw mushrooms on top

drank 4 glasses of water - working on #5 right now.

did c25k week1, run1 : 2.27 miles (according to mapmyrun.com) in 32:08 (accoding to my Timex). it felt good. temps were perfect for a run, and only disliked going uphill during the 6th run portion. Otherwise, it was an invigorating run, helping me feel motivated and look forward to my next one (on Thurs). Plan to cross train tomorrow with Core Secrets workout video.

Thoughts: only snack today was chips and salsa this morning at work. Felt ok with that choice, since it took the place of me going to the receptionist's candy jar for chocolate bars. Keeping busy at work keeps me preoccupied to snack. tight deadlines make me stress-eat, which sucks, because I am an architectural designer, always working under tight deadlines. But I'm working on changing my habits. Not only how I handle the stress, but I'm working on working ahead on projects to AVOID the stress all together.

I've looked forward to writing this today. Knowing I'll be putting it on this journal and that others will read it made me feel accountable today.

Didn't have time to log in last night. I didn't get home from work until after 9, and still had to spend a smidge of time with DD before she went to bed WAY past her bedtime!

I also didn't get to workout yesterday, but I'm hoping to double up today and get both a run AND a core secrets video workout done. We'll see how my time management goes this evening.

Wed eating:
breakfast - half a bowl of Quaker Oat Squares (Dh's leftovers that he was going to throw down the drain - I HATE wasting food!)
snack - one mini sized milky way bar - the one bite square size (thanks to my boss who brings a handfull of chocolate when we have our two hour meetings.)
lunch - small piece of lasagna(homemade, The Pioneer Woman recipe), garlic bread, small salad, one activia yogurt
dinner - was at the work event, so I didn't really eat. They had hors de houevres, but they were out every time I went to get something. I had 2 shrimp, 2 beers, 2 teeny squares of pita wil hummus, and about 4 pieces of vegetable sticks. I'm hungry now just thinking about it :-(

I'm proud that I didn't eat anything else when I got home. I was hungry but it was late. I'm disappointed I didn't work out, but I'm going to try to make up for that by doing double today.

Hope you have a good day today! I have to finish getting ready for work!

It's been a few days since an update:
Right now, I have an ear infection in my right ear and a stye on my left eye. dog bite on my right leg.

good news, I walked a 5k with DD on Saturday. Completed the 1st week of couch to 5 k, and started the 2nd week on Tuesday.

Bad news: Tuesday's the day I got bitten by a dog. Seriously. I can't make this crap up. it's just a small bite, and the owner is aware, and the dog is up to date on all it's shots and I have a copy of the Rabies certificate. And I'm up to date on my shots (tetanus).

So, my leg hurts, but I worked out last night anyway. I have a 2.5ish mile run today... week 2, run 2 in couch to 5k.

I'm not losing any weight yet, but I'm feeling very accomplished when I finish my run or working out. I'm actually DOING something to get myself in shape!

ugh... dog bite... :headache:

I've gotten up super early twice this week to get c25k runs in before I get ready for work. That has been good to get the run out of the way, although it's really dark and kinda creepy to run outside in the wee morning hours. I'm also afraid of getting hit by a car, so I've been running on sidewalks. I hope to get a flourescent shirt with reflective tape on them in the coming weeks. I work for a construction company, so I think I'll just place an order through them.

As for eating, I've been working hard at bringing down my portion sizes. When we have pizza (about once a week), I eat only 1 slice, instead of 2 or 3 like I used to. I also try ot have a piece of fruit with every meal, and I eat an activia (yogurt) every day with my lunch. I'm keeping snack foods in the house to a minimum. I think we have chips and salsa, trail mix, and sourdough pretzels. We used to have a whole shelf of chips, cheese balls, combos...

Now that it's really fall here, I've been trying to keep apples in the house, as they are a good snack, and the crunch of a fresh apple is very satisfying to me. I'm dreading Halloween, and having candy laying around all the time :sad2:

so, for now, I just keep on keepin' on....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter