Booked DVC through RCI Qs

2goofykiddos

Budding Disney addict
I booked DVC with our RCI point and got BLT!!! We were so thrilled. We weren't even planning on going this summer, but when I saw that I grabbed it. I have 2 questions about this stay.

1. With RCI are we automatically assigned a Standard room?

2. Would I call regular DVC member services to make a request.

Thanks!!

1. Standard Views at BLT are limited in number. What you have will be noted in abbreviation form on your confirmation.

2. Yes, you would contact DVC Member Services if you have a location request. Identify yourself as an inbound RCI exchange when you call. If you want, you can also add a Disney Dining Plan and Disney's Magical Express thru DVC.

If you call DVC Member Services (phone number should be on your RCI Confirmation), they can tell you what the room type is (Standard View, Lake View or Theme Park View). They can also give you the Disney Confirmation Number so you can link the reservation to My Disney Experience.

It IS a lake room. This is exciting because I see some of them have a partial M view. Would it be best to request specific room(s) or say I would like a 10, 4 or 12 on an upper level?

Thanks again for the help!

It IS a lake room. This is exciting because I see some of them have a partial M view. Would it be best to request specific room(s) or say I would like a 10, 4 or 12 on an upper level?

Thanks again for the help!

I would put in a request for an even numbered room on the northern end...putting in certain room numbers can give you less of a chance because if those are not available, the room assigner may not know why you wanted it...

I'd love to know what you ended up with. We're hopefully going to book there for next April! Fingers crossed.

I have RCI weeks, not points, but I got OKW 1 BR Nov. 28 - Dec 5 for 34 points. Summer points were 52, except August.

DVC via RCI points are on a specific grid chart based upon resort, season, size. You can view it on the RCI directory by looking up the resort and then scrolling down to the points grid. BLT is more RCI points than some others. A 1 BR mid Aug. OKW is 68,000 RCI points. In late Aug., that falls to 54,500 RCI points. Spring break is also 68,000.

DVC via RCI points are on a specific grid chart based upon resort, season, size. You can view it on the RCI directory by looking up the resort and then scrolling down to the points grid. BLT is more RCI points than some others. A 1 BR mid Aug. OKW is 68,000 RCI points. In late Aug., that falls to 54,500 RCI points. Spring break is also 68,000.
The TPU (Trade Value) on the weeks side is a variable number. 34 might be 2 weeks combined or at minimum, a high to very high demand full week. On the points side those numbers are still more than the points one gets for most 1 BR units within RCI so it's still going to be more than 1 yrs points in most cases, plus the exchange fee and $95 "resort services fee".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter