Booked June stay...any way to save $$$

cerberus

"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exe
I just booked our first Universal trip June 1-8.
I booked directly through Universal. Our rate is for 2 adults and two children age 11 and 13. The cheapest premium hotel they had available was Hard Rock pool view. Total including room, 3 park EP tickets, and insurance is $4916.....ouch!! Any way I can lower our price? We feel the EPs are a must, most likely we will not do Volcano bay. I could cut one day off but we really want 5 full days at the park since it is our first trip and the kids want to do the wand stuff.
TIA

You don't buy EPs! You buy standard tickets (park to park is best). Your hotel gives you the EP. Don't buy the wrong ticket.
I'm surprised that Royal Pacific wasn't cheaper.

They said that the cheapest was the Hard Rock and that because it was a premium that it included EPs.....so I do not think I paid extra for them but will double check

Ok. Just making sure. If you had asked first, we would have suggested not booking a package. You can often find better deals a la carte. Packages often have change fees. Royal Pacific, Hard Rock and Portofino all include express passes. Hard Rock is usually the priciest.
Price compare tickets on Universal and Undercover Tourist.
Exception to my package rule is if you're a Costco member, you should check there for pricing.

I have not officially booked yet, I just did a 3 day hold. When you say book separately do you mean on the Universal site and then just buying the tickets afterwards from their site or Underciver Tourist? I will price it that way now
Hard Rock is cheaper than Roysl Pacific as RP only has king suites available

Good. :) Yes, buy your hotel and tickets in separate transactions.
Take a look directly on Loews website to see if there are any Thanksgiving weekend sales on hotels (Loews owns them all).

Ok will do! Using the Universsl site it is cheaper by almost $400 to do a package with the Hard Rock than pricing hotel and tickets separately....but it also gave me the option to select RP which saves me almost $400 off the HR price! Going to the Loews we site now. Thank you!

You might also check on get AP’s if your doing 5 days. That will give the AP rate at the hotels also.

How in the heck do you purchase an AP? All I see is descriptions of the different AP packages, but no buy option!

Nevermind.....no AP room discounts available

So if we do 5 days at the Park then the Seasonal AP is worth it but the black out concert dates concerns me and to upgrade to the Power AP cost more than a 5 day pass.

Nevermind.....no AP room discounts available

I don't think AP discounted rates are released until much closer to your trip. We are going June 2-6 and I had to book the seasonal rate, and I'm hoping there's a discount or an AP rate comes available. We're currently booked at Royal Pacific with a water view room, but willing to change hotels if any discounts come out for any of the hotels that include express pass and I can save money. I check daily to see if the rates have dropped, no luck yet. And if I get lucky and an AP rate is released and I'm able to book it, then I will upgrade my ticket once there.

If you aren't planning to go to Volcano Bay, can I ask why you got the three park tickets?

If you're there and decide to do VB, you could always upgrade your ticket / AP then.

You can also get the 5 day tickets and then upgrade while there to seasonal passes to thwart possible black out dates. You just need to show the AP by the end of your hotel stay if you do end up getting an AP rate.

At first we figured we would do VB for that long of a stay, but now just looking to see if there is dnyway to save $$$

Looks like we are going to change to June 2-7 with 4 day passes and only 2 parks.

June 1-8 is not a busy time. I would not be buying a package. If you just book room only you should be able to get a good Stay More Save More rate which will be close to any AP rate. That way, you can eliminate insurance since you can cancel room only reservations up to 6 days in advance without any penalty.

Watch for good deals on tickets through Undercover Tourist or one of the other sellers or purchase seasonal APs.

Do some homework by looking at this site and reading the stickies on both parks and resort boards. Then book your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter