Booked my ADRs on-line this am...some thoughts.

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone!

This morning I was able to book my 180 + 10 ADRs on-line and had a great exerience! Here are just some thoughts I would like to share with my Dis peeps.

I was easily able to link my ADRs with my ressie. I practiced for some time last night, and had no problems repeatedly linking. If you log on EARLIER than 6 am and the system isn't available for booking within your window, you will only be able to go to the 180 days out date, starting with today or tomorrow's date. But once your window opens at 0600 eastern time 180 days out, you will be brought directly to your first day and will be able to book anything for 10 days. I was able to access July 29 - August 7. If you can't see this when you're practicing, don't worry!

I was able to get everything I wanted at very close to the exact times I wanted them...the later in my stay I was booking, the more close to what I wanted I could get. Example, I booked Chef Mickey dinner for our first night and had to adjust my desired time by about 20 minutes. I was able to book 'Ohana dinner for my 6th night for the exact time I wanted. If you are trying to book a difficult ressie, it may help to try for later in your stay.

It was very annoying that I had to enter the number in my party and the ages of my kids for EACH ADR! It cost a lot of time and was very inefficient IMO. Most people probably have the same party for each of their meals...why wouldn't the system default to your original setting, but still allow you to make changes?

Finally, I have seen many reports that the system clears after 20 minutes from when you start. Well, I was working for 28 minutes to make 10 ADRs, and I didn't have any problems. It clearly states on the page that you have up to 2 hours to use the system, as long as you are actively working. You can't leave things in your cart and go make breakfast and come back, but if you are actively booking ressies, you shouldn't have any problems.

Of course, the above represents my particular experience. YMMV. I'd be happy to answer any questions!

iloveeyore, we just LOVE people like you who make our lives SOOOO much easier. Thank you for taking the time! :love:

I just made ours and I agree about having to put in your party information every time. There are 6 of us lol. The reservations for the rooms save what you last entered and is easily editable so I don't know why they could not set up the dining reservations the same way. I did have trouble emailing the reservations, it only sent a few through so I had to do some alternate things to print all my conf. numbers.

I just made ours and I agree about having to put in your party information every time. There are 6 of us lol. The reservations for the rooms save what you last entered and is easily editable so I don't know why they could not set up the dining reservations the same way. I did have trouble emailing the reservations, it only sent a few through so I had to do some alternate things to print all my conf. numbers.

I think I just printed the confirmation page. I got them all to print together, but 5 pages long.

Did you get everything you wanted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter