Booked Room While Waiting For Discounts!

tiggerguy2000

Disney Veteran<br><font color=green>Isn't worried
I just booked July 3rd thru July 7th in a deluxe room while waiting for the discount rates to come out.It seems that alot of people are doing this and I don't want to get shut out of a discounted room.Im not sure how it works because everything changes from year to year.Hopefully I will get a discounted rate so when someone knows the exact date to call please post.
Thanks tiggerguy2000

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

We are all anxiously waiting. I am considering doing the same thing, just so I can get my room. However, I'm thinking, if the hotel is booked at regular rate by all these people waiting for discounts, they may not offer the discounts!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

SpideyHulk, Lets hope that's not true.Im going no matter what and I have a caravan of people who are asking me when im going and can they come with me.We go so much to Orlando people are wondering what's going on and how do I get involved.It's nice to know that others want to go with me but I never count on anyone going because it's just talk.
tiggerguy2000

I'm thinking, if the hotel is booked at regular rate by all these people waiting for discounts, they may not offer the discounts!!!!!

This is my thinking too.

WHY book now? The resort will release discounts based on occupancy.

Unless you really want to stay at that resort only and don't care if you are paying rack rate then book, otherwise there is no benefit to book now.

I'm set for PBH (garden view) for 7/15-7/18/2004. HotelKingdom.com had the room for $229.00 per night, which is well below the rack rate of $339.00 that I was getting from the Lowe's site.

So, even if there are no discounts available for my dates, I will not be paying the rack rate. If discounts do become available, I can cancel my ressie with HotelKingdom for a penalty of $10. That's a price that I'm willing to pay for the peace of mind that I have. Our dates are set in stone (non-refundable airfare using frequent flier miles) and our hearts are set on PBH.

Originally posted by lampy
This is my thinking too.

WHY book now? The resort will release discounts based on occupancy.

Unless you really want to stay at that resort only and don't care if you are paying rack rate then book, otherwise there is no benefit to book now.

I agree! It serves no purpose to book early unless you are willing to pay that rate if discounts don't come out. It actually has a negative effect, by falsely increasing occupancy rates. This may decrease the discounts Universal is willing to offer.

We are due to arrive in 98 days and I still haven't booked because I won't pay rack rates.

Teresa

Originally posted by tiggerguy2000
It seems that alot of people are doing this and I don't want to get shut out of a discounted room.

Booking at rack rate now, will in no way give you an advantage for a discounted room rate when they come out. "X" amount of rooms are released at a discount, and it's first call, first serve.

Teresa

I too booked a deluxe room at rack rate for Aug, simply because I panicked! When I called 1800-Be-A-Star, they told me that 1 of the dates in my stay was sold out at all 3 hotels. I then called Loews directly, and was able to reserve a room with no problem! I just don't want to take any chances of not getting a room! It sounds a little odd that 1 date would be sold out.

What ever happens I will not be paying rack rate.Between now and July I will prepay my room every other month until it's all payed and I know the discount rate or another bonus rate like last year when they thru in park passes in the room rate.So in the advantage department your all right and it's true reserving now is no advantage.I have been shut out of many disney dinners and rooms because I have waited so im now gun shy to all reservations.Sorry to make it seem like it's an advantage to reserve before rates come out.
tiggerguy2000 ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter