Booking a hotel+ticket package through Disney UK?

Daisy & Brewster

Earning My Ears
I know there are countless threads about buying tickets through attraction tickets, but I have a question about booking a hotel+ticket package directly with Disney UK. Pricing out my 7-night holiday in August, I can save about $500 US (on an approx $5500-$6000 package) by booking through Disney UK vs Disney US (and that is after factoring in the Dining Credit promo. The UK is offering 2-nights free + memory maker, which works out cheaper).

My DH and Dkids are UK citizens with UK passports, but we are no longer UK residents. We have UK-based bank accounts, and we have UK-based families that are happy to let us use their address. But we do currently live in Canada (I'm Canadian), and have not lived in the UK for quite a long time now.

What type of proof of residency is asked for when you book such a package? Some kind of recent bill with your address on it? Or do they want a driver's licence with current address? Is it asked for at hotel check-in time?

I am a *huge* worrier and general rule follower, and I think on balance trying to save $500 vs the stress of having it all fall apart when we arrive would not be worth it. But, if it is some kind of documentation we could easily provide, then I might consider it.

I'd love to hear from anyone who was recent experience with using a package through Disney UK. Thanks!

I really don't think they ask for any "proof".

I'm italian and I live in Italy and I've always booked via the UK website (using my italian address). Once you pay, it's done. at the resort they won't ask anything.

So if you use you family address it's ok. you really don't have to worry about I think :)

Thanks for your reply. I think what got me nervous is this question/answer I found from 2019 on the Plan Disney website. I can't seem to post a link to it, I'm told it looks like spam? But if you google for "can my parents in the UK book and pay for a vacation for us from the UK website" then it should be the first result that comes up and that's where I read this bit about needing to show proof of residency at hotel check-in.

But nowadays it seems everything is done via the MDE app, including checking in to the hotel room and scanning tickets at the park, so it seems strange that there would be a need to somehow "check in" with someone and show proof of residency? So, it's encouraging to hear that you've done this from Italy and had no issues.

I was never asked to show anything.

Regarding following the rules, the terms and conditions state that the tickets on the UK site aren't available for purchase outside the territory of the UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Republic of Ireland, Sweden and the Netherlands. It further states that a Lead Name be the purchaser and has the legal ability and authority to enter into a contract with them. If you click the links for the terms and conditions, the relevant parts are within the first three pages of their PDF and it's written plainly, not in difficult legalese.

The reality is nobody will check, and equally nobody will care.

I think that as long as you provide a billing addres that is ok, then there are no problems.
No one ever asked me to prove my residency o anything else. So, I think you are good to go :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter