• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking a large group for spring 2022 - any tips?

DisneyAuntie12

Mouseketeer
My family is hoping to go to Disney World around March of 2022. I am traveling with my extended family so it will be a large group, around 12-14 people with a mix of adults and kids. We've been to Disney as a group before but in the past we've used David's Vacation Club Rentals. This time we'd rather not because of their cancellation policy, given all of the uncertainty with Covid.

I don't have any experience booking through Disney directly (or through a third party if that makes more sense) so I was wondering if there are any basics I should know about. For example "Don't book before X month because that's when they always release the good specials and discounts", that type of thing. Is it better to book early or wait until later when more discounts are released? Better to book through Disney directly or through a third party? Any fairly well substantiated rumors about what resorts might be re-opening later this year (we would like to try Port Orleans but don't want to wait and wait for it to open if it's not gonna happen until 2023 anyways.)

I 100% realize that no one has a crystal ball so no one knows for sure when special packages will be released or if they'll be released, what the best deal is going to be, and so on. But just looking for general tips and experience from people who have booked through Disney before and have a feel for typical trends. If anyone has thoughts to share it would be much appreciated! I feel like I have no idea how to get started at the moment.

I always say book as early as you can so you’re guaranteed to get what you want. You can always change it and add any available discounts when they pop up. For a larger group it may be easier to go through a TA, and they’re free. If you’re worried about the possibility of canceling due to covid or whatever I’d go directly through Disney. And like I said, any discounts Disney releases can be added to your package if available.

I always say book as early as you can so you’re guaranteed to get what you want. You can always change it and add any available discounts when they pop up. For a larger group it may be easier to go through a TA, and they’re free. If you’re worried about the possibility of canceling due to covid or whatever I’d go directly through Disney. And like I said, any discounts Disney releases can be added to your package if available.

I had no idea the discounts could be applied later! Thank you, that's very helpful!

How do you add a discount after booking? And can you also add the Dining Plan afterwards too? ( If they bring it back in time for my trip)
On MDE click on “change reservation”. If you’re unable to add the discount to your current res you can always book a new one under the discount you want then cancel the old one. And yes you can add dining plan up until 2 days before you arrive. At least it used to be like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter