Booking adjoining rooms on the Wish?

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
So I've booked rooms for my husband (silver) with my dad, and my mom, myself and the kids under mine (silver). However, I CANNOT book adjoining rooms, even though when I am looking at the deck plan for whichever room is booked and has one that is adjoining, it shows as available---but on the other account that I want to adjoin, it shows the room as unavailable. Do you think they're doing this to allow people to call in and book the adjoining one only if they are 'related'? I can get back to back rooms (next door, but not connecting) but not the adjoining ones. It makes me think they are blocking the connected staterooms.

Or maybe I am just insane, or maybe no one should have a room connected to their parents' room after the age of 20? I don't know!!!! It's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen but it's torture because it is showing available on one account.

So I've booked rooms for my husband (silver) with my dad, and my mom, myself and the kids under mine (silver). However, I CANNOT book adjoining rooms, even though when I am looking at the deck plan for whichever room is booked and has one that is adjoining, it shows as available---but on the other account that I want to adjoin, it shows the room as unavailable. Do you think they're doing this to allow people to call in and book the adjoining one only if they are 'related'? I can get back to back rooms (next door, but not connecting) but not the adjoining ones. It makes me think they are blocking the connected staterooms.

Or maybe I am just insane, or maybe no one should have a room connected to their parents' room after the age of 20? I don't know!!!! It's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen but it's torture because it is showing available on one account.

It could be different number of people in the cabin causes different cabins to show up as available. Call Disney/TA and they can probably get you both cabins. Wait time on hold has probably gotten much better now that the morning rush is over.

I remember seeing issues booking 2 rooms for a party being reported. You'll have to call in and see if they can get it done. But...

Just a small detail... If you want a door between them, you want CONNECTING rooms. Adjoining can be across the hall, diagonal, or next door but without a door between them. The words mean very different things in the travel industry.

I remember seeing issues booking 2 rooms for a party being reported. You'll have to call in and see if they can get it done. But...

Just a small detail... If you want a door between them, you want CONNECTING rooms. Adjoining can be across the hall, diagonal, or next door but without a door between them. The words mean very different things in the travel industry.

Thank you! So we already have adjoining... but want connecting apparently. Hopefully I'll get through before DCL's phone lines close and maybe they can make it happen!

Thank you! So we already have adjoining... but want connecting apparently. Hopefully I'll get through before DCL's phone lines close and maybe they can make it happen!

Yes - if you want the door between them, the term is connecting. I used to work in hotel reservations and people always got them mixed up. I would ask to clarify - and if someone insisted they needed "adjoining" after I asked if they meant connecting with a door between or adjoining just close by but NO door in between even if next door, I made a note of their wording exactly so that when they inevitably complained at the front desk that they didn't get their request, the documentation was there.

A good reservations agent or TA would ask to clarify since it's such a common mix-up of words.

I had to chuckle at this because we originally planned to book connecting with my parents too and we are definitely over 20! I'd say to call and work it out with Disney. Others have had success moving their staterooms online after they have booked so you can try that too. It seems that for this release, Disney is doing some strange stuff with online booking. Not sure what type of stateroom you are looking at but I've heard/read that in verandah rooms, even if not connecting sometimes the wall between verandahs can be removed to make a larger one for both staterooms.

We booked connecting rooms on the wish on Monday in the same configuration, had to book one room with me as the lead and some of the kids, then log out and book the second room with husband as the lead and the remaining kids.

Booking multiple rooms on pre-booking days is hard on the web. You can only do one at a time. You have to log in as the other lead name / Castaway status person for the 2nd. Someone could snag your room in that time. What shows available seems to change for no real known reason (assume to be # of passengers in the room, but really not sure). While calling and holding stinks, it's the "easiest" way to go.

We needed to book to connecting rooms so had a TA do it since they seem to have some special capabilities on these days.

Good luck!!

We had our TA book us connecting OV rooms on the Wish MV. We are four friends though, not the same family so if it didn't happen not the end of the world. The good thing is there are MANY connecting cabins on the Wish. Hope you get it worked out!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter