Booking Split Stay at 7 months

DennieC

Earning My Ears
Have a question for the group and need some advice. I am planning to book a split stay at 7 months for the same resort and am looking for advice on how to best do it. The plan is a 5 night stay at Bay Lake Tower. The first 4 nights would be in a 2 bedroom villa and the last night in a Grand Villa. Wondering how best to book this. My thoughts are as follows:

Scenario 1: Book two separate reservations. 4 night in 2 bedroom then a 1 night in Grand Villa. Would I have to wait 4 days between the start dates to book the second reservation since it is a different room type? Or will the online system let me book the Grand Villa the same day as I book the 2 bedroom?

Scenario 2: Book 5 nights in a 2 bedroom to ensure I get all 5 nights. Then modify the last night to the Grand Villa. Can this be done online or would I have to call Member Services? If I have to call Member Services, would I do that on the same day I booked the 5 nights?

Thank you for all the input and thoughts.

Scenario 1 -- you'd have to wait until day the exact 7 month mark to book the GV. You can't book a different room type at 7+5 just because you have the first 4 in a different room.

Scenario 2 -- you'd have to first modify the 2 bedroom at the exact 7 month mark for the GV by dropping the last night and then go back and book the GV. This would be your slowest option but at least you'd have the room in case the GV is not available.

Scenario 1:the two rooms require separate reservations, so you would need to wait those extra four days to book the GV.

Scenario 2: Does not really change scenario 1 unless you have enough points to book the GV separately without first dropping that last night in the 2BR. Whether you do it online or via contacting MS, the process is the same if you need those points from the 2BR to make the change. The last night in the 2BR has to first be cancelled via a modification of the 2BR reservation and then you (or MS) can separately reserve the GV, and that GV reservation cannot be done until 7-months out from the GV date, and between the time of cancelling the one 2BR night and then attempting to get the GV there is a risk the GV could be taken by someone else. What scenario 2 does assure is that you will have the 2BR for the last night if, when you look online just before 8 a.m. at 7-months out from you desired GV night, the GVs are already full.

Last edited:
Scenario 1:the two rooms require separate reservations, so you would need to wait those extra four days to book the GV.

Scenario 2: Does not really change scenario 1 unless you have enough points to book the GV separately without first dropping that last night in the 2BR. Whether you do it online or via contacting MS, the process is the same if you need those points from the 2BR to make the change. Either way, the last night in the 2BR has to first be cancelled via a modification of the 2BR reservation and then you can separately reserve the GV, and that cannot be done until 7-months out from the GV date, and between the time of cancelling the one 2BR night and then attempting to get the GV there is a risk the GV could be taken by someone else,.
I never thought of booking the GV separately before dropping the last night of the 2 bedroom. That is an option as I have enough points. Thank you for that suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter