Booking Universal

For those saying “universal in 2 days” do you go to any shows? Stop and enjoy the street characters and interactions (that Disney no longer has)? Ask to any of the free tours (mummy, Men In black, Jimmy Fallon, hulk, hogwarts)? Universal is soooooo much more than “Harry Potter” -although those lands are fantastic and a lot of folks miss Knockturn alley altogether! No it’s not Disney but it’s not a hyped up 6Flags either :)

OP enjoy your trip. You’ll love RPR.
Yes, great point! I'm an introvert and somehow the latin street dancers got me dancing in the middle of the street. It was so much fun and totally out of character for me. The Bourne stunt show and the Special Effects Make-up shows are lots of fun, too! I knew about some of the tours but didn't realize that they had one for the Mummy. I'll have to ask about that the next time I'm there.

For those saying “universal in 2 days” do you go to any shows? Stop and enjoy the street characters and interactions (that Disney no longer has)? Ask to any of the free tours (mummy, Men In black, Jimmy Fallon, hulk, hogwarts)? Universal is soooooo much more than “Harry Potter” -although those lands are fantastic and a lot of folks miss Knockturn alley altogether! No it’s not Disney but it’s not a hyped up 6Flags either :)

You’re not kidding about Knockturn Alley. I missed it for years. For some reason I misplaced it last month. I walked around and around, I almost texted my daughter who would have had a good laugh. It’s directly across from the bathroom, now I will never forget.

Yes, great point! I'm an introvert and somehow the latin street dancers got me dancing in the middle of the street. It was so much fun and totally out of character for me. The Bourne stunt show and the Special Effects Make-up shows are lots of fun, too! I knew about some of the tours but didn't realize that they had one for the Mummy. I'll have to ask about that the next time I'm there.
Ha that’s awesome! Our last precovid trip (Jan 2020) I got pulled to dance with a Blues Brother. And I never miss Beat Builders.
The Makeup show is hilarious. I’m sad for people who miss it as its really a gem.

Agreed - I usually try to go during one of the events as well - Christmas, mardi gras or HHN
I usually stay for around 10 days so there is no pressure to get things done.
I can usually get Aventura for around 140-150 a night with AP discount.
From there you can walk to pretty much everything or take the bus. The busses seems to be much more efficient than Disney.
You can also take the boat from SF to the parks and you have access to the SF pool, RPR pool and all the amenities for much less. The tappas at Strong water is some of the best food on property IMO and the drinks are top notch.
They have a bus to sea world so I usually do that for a day.
You can always book a day trip to Nasa or take an Uber to Disney - even just to go to Trader Sams or bar hop at the monorail hotels if you really need that Disney fix.

Lots of good restaurants in citywalk and if you are adventurous there are many restaurants and things to do on I drive.

I don't get bored and honestly last time I went to Disney I used Uber to get over there and had a 2 day ticket - I was done in a day and half. Space mountain went down when I was in line. Rock and roll rollercoaster was down all day. Pirates was also down most of the morning. Rise of the Resistance is the most over rated over hyped ride I have ever been on. So several hundred dollars for a two day park hopper and nothing works. The highpoint of the day was the very ice cold coke in the star wars area on a very hot day - not sure why but it was the best coke I had in a very long time - I rarely drink soda.. Maybe they use the Mexican Recipe in those weird round bottled - IDK.

Bottom line - 2 days and you are probably going to miss a lot in that rush to get it all in.

I just priced out our 5-night November trip. Under the fall promo, I can get Coronado Springs for roughly the same price as the Royal Pacific AP rate, BUT WDW 5-day park hopper tickets are almost DOUBLE the price of Universal AP renewals! I think we'll stick with Universal this November.

Yea done both universal and Disney club level stays. Universal club level (in my opinion) is nowhere near as good. Having done Disney I couldn’t go back and do universal because I would always be comparing. However, I know you pay a lot more for Disney CL.
We have done club level at both parks, and much prefer Universal's. We've done all three, HRH, RP and PBH, but our go to the last five years or so has been PBH. At Disney, we've done AK, Contemporary, GF, Poly and WL. I'd put PBH up against any of them. To each their own, but for relaxation and ease, Universal is our preferred destination these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter