I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

All this talk of Marriott cards reminded me to share: I have never had a Marriott card of any flavor--we've been content with Hyatt and the occasional Chase portal booking. But I'd love to stay at the JW Marriott Masai Mara Lodge someday, I was hoping I could put that trip together for a few years down the line, so I thought I'd start learning about Marriott cards. Oh boy! Very complicated 😵‍💫
Might be a while before I can learn and start putting ducks in a row

Finally decided on our 2025 Europe Trip. Going with Collette Tours Alpine Adventures. Germany, Austria an Switzerland for 12 days. Put deposit down today - now to research and buy Trip Insurance. They offered insurance with 100% refund if cancelled 24 hours prior. But it was $600 a person. I found a nice policy on insure my trip .com for $1100 for the 4 of us. Not 100% refund but 75% refund with the Cancel for Any Reason added - plus I increased the medical. So, will be going with that instead.

Too early for flights. I have a lot of MR's an UR's. Delta seems so expensive lately. Will probably look at United on Points. That is who we used last year for the Med Cruise flying in and and out or Rome and Athens.

All this talk of Marriott cards reminded me to share: I have never had a Marriott card of any flavor--we've been content with Hyatt and the occasional Chase portal booking. But I'd love to stay at the JW Marriott Masai Mara Lodge someday, I was hoping I could put that trip together for a few years down the line, so I thought I'd start learning about Marriott cards. Oh boy! Very complicated 😵‍💫

The Brilliant is at a high right now. 185k for $6000 spend. If you also get the biz card when the SUB is 100k+ and do both cards in 2 player mode, that would be enough for 5th night free. You can combine points up to 100k per calendar year, so you'll need to split that up across years.

The Bevy is at a high too, 155k for $5000. But you get less benefits for the AF. You could do both the Brilliant and the Bevy if you have the 5/24 slot and the Amex 5 cc slot for it. You'd need to do the Bevy first due to the new family lifetime language.

Looks like all the awards nights are over 100k, so doesn't look likely to use 85k FNC +15k topoff.

@amalone1013 - BIG congrats on the new player. You're missed on this board but it looks like you have your hands full.

We ended up deciding to book the Hyatt in the Orlando airport for our Japan trip in a couple weeks. Our flight is super early at 8:45 am. We’ll probably drive over after dinner just to sleep and wake up for the flight. I’m getting excited but also nervous for the trip!
Wow! I can't believe your trip is coming up in 2 weeks!

Finally decided on our 2025 Europe Trip. Going with Collette Tours Alpine Adventures. Germany, Austria an Switzerland for 12 days. Put deposit down today - now to research and buy Trip Insurance. They offered insurance with 100% refund if cancelled 24 hours prior. But it was $600 a person. I found a nice policy on insure my trip .com for $1100 for the 4 of us. Not 100% refund but 75% refund with the Cancel for Any Reason added - plus I increased the medical. So, will be going with that instead.

Too early for flights. I have a lot of MR's an UR's. Delta seems so expensive lately. Will probably look at United on Points. That is who we used last year for the Med Cruise flying in and and out or Rome and Athens.
If you have the MR, look at Virgin Atlantic. I've seen reports of very good redemptions including a DL positioning flight to get to a gateway.

@Judique definitely busy, still doing cards but a lot of the points have gone to making trips home to visit easier vs anything too exciting 😂

Big sister is coming around (and growing like a weed)

View attachment 855731
I just wanna hold the baby LOL, I haven't held a baby in FOREVER, and this face, oh my goodness.
to stay on topic LOL, Instant approval for US Bank Biz leverage. Had to give Chase a break. Now hope it gets here fast, my property taxes are due in 15 days.

@amalone1013 - BIG congrats on the new player. You're missed on this board but it looks like you have your hands full.

Wow! I can't believe your trip is coming up in 2 weeks!
Me either! It still doesn’t feel real yet. Ds is having his birthday party this weekend so my focus has all been on that. Then next week I really need to get things ready and packed

I am getting ready to book plane tickets through British Airways, but on American Airlines.

I would love to add mine and my husband's TSA precheck numbers to the reservation, but (I assume) since it's British Airways and they aren't a US carrier, there might not be a way to do that. Anyone know if it can be added after the fact? Usually it's already attached to my profile with various airlines.

We ended up deciding to book the Hyatt in the Orlando airport for our Japan trip in a couple weeks. Our flight is super early at 8:45 am. We’ll probably drive over after dinner just to sleep and wake up for the flight. I’m getting excited but also nervous for the trip!

Me either! It still doesn’t feel real yet. Ds is having his birthday party this weekend so my focus has all been on that. Then next week I really need to get things ready and packed
I have all these same feelings. Happy birthday to your DS!

I am getting ready to book plane tickets through British Airways, but on American Airlines.

I would love to add mine and my husband's TSA precheck numbers to the reservation, but (I assume) since it's British Airways and they aren't a US carrier, there might not be a way to do that. Anyone know if it can be added after the fact? Usually it's already attached to my profile with various airlines.
According to FlyerTalk, you need to access the booking in the BA website, click on your name and then Add Advanced Passenger Information where you can put your KTN. If that doesn't work, you should get an AA PNR number and I know you can add it from there. I just did that for a booking to add my newly issued GE number.

When we decided to go to the Maldives and stay at the Conrad Rangali some years back, I put the trip on the 5 year plan. I managed to do it in 4 years. Just be patient and strategic. Marriott does allow you to pool points so if there is a P2, you can transfer 100k points per year from their account into your account. If there's a P3, P4 you can receive up to 500k points into your account per year. Best of luck! It looks like an amazing property and experience. I understand they are opening another in Tanzania.

According to FlyerTalk, you need to access the booking in the BA website, click on your name and then Add Advanced Passenger Information where you can put your KTN. If that doesn't work, you should get an AA PNR number and I know you can add it from there. I just did that for a booking to add my newly issued GE number.
what's AA PNR? I got a GE # and I need to add it to my booking on Alaska Air and Fiji Air (thru ak air booking)

I haven't been on this thread for a few years, but I need advice on credit cards moving forward. I've had lots of changes, including a divorce, a new job, and a new house.

I've been a loyal Starwood person for years and switched to Marriott, like many here. Lifetime gold and 2 years to lifetime platinum. I have a slew of Bonvoy business cards that will be closed with the new job. I have a Bonvoy Brilliant card and a Chase Sapphire reserve I alternate for general spending (not everyone takes AmEx).

My wife did some traveling for work, so we had an AAdvantage Executive Platinun for lounge access and some perks. Not on that anymore :charac2:.

I would like to have a collection of cards that would give me perks when traveling more than anything else. I can get status on American with spending on any of the cards, but I can get several perks with just opting for another Execuative card. I use Marriott points all the time and occasionally use Sapphire points. I have never been able to use AA points for anything!

Thoughts on how to manage my cards moving forward?

Thank you!

what's AA PNR? I got a GE # and I need to add it to my booking on Alaska Air and Fiji Air (thru ak air booking)
PNR stands for passenger name record. Each flight you book will have a different PNR where the airline has record of name, birthdate, etc. for each passenger on the reservation. Each PNR has a confirmation number (or letters) so when asked for your PNR you’d just give your flight confirmation number. HTH

PNR stands for passenger name record. Each flight you book will have a different PNR where the airline has record of name, birthdate, etc. for each passenger on the reservation. Each PNR has a confirmation number (or letters) so when asked for your PNR you’d just give your flight confirmation number. HTH
I'm thinking I'll need to call in to do this? Thanks

In my experience I’ve had to call it in if it isn’t already there or added during initial booking, but I’ve never booked through Alaska before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter