Booking window question please

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
I should know this but it's been a few years,,,,

Date for my next Christmas OKW trip
Dec 1 2024 to Dec 6th 2024 (sorting out University dates right now).

Can I book all 5 days starting on Feb 1 2024 ?
OR
Do I need to wait till Feb 6th to do that?

I am second guessing myself........................
Thanks
Mel

If you own at OKW, you can book 5 nights on Jan 1, 2024. If you own elsewhere (not RIV resale) you can book on 5/1/24.

I own at OKW and want to stay there.
I wonder if I can book online instead of calling as member services will not be open on Jan 1st (Holiday)?

Thanks for the clarification of booking date.

Mel

I own at OKW and want to stay there.
I wonder if I can book online instead of calling as member services will not be open on Jan 1st (Holiday)?

Thanks for the clarification of booking date.

Mel
You should be able to. At 8 AM EST, you can book online on 1/1/24 for 12/1/24....... "Happy New Year, not get to bed because I have to be up early to book my room for next Christmas...."

I should know this but it's been a few years,,,,

Date for my next Christmas OKW trip
Dec 1 2024 to Dec 6th 2024 (sorting out University dates right now).

Can I book all 5 days starting on Feb 1 2024 ?
OR
Do I need to wait till Feb 6th to do that?

I am second guessing myself........................
Thanks
Mel
Just be aware that first week of Dec is the highest DVC demand week of the year at WDW, and huge numbers of DVC members go online at 8 a.m. eastern on Jan 1 to book Dec 1 (with additional nights thereafter, up to a maximum of 7). There are a number of rooms at the various resorts that fill instantly at 8 a.m. The only one at OKW that usually does that is the GV in the near hospitality house booking category. As long as you are not seeking that, you should be able to book what you want at OKW on Jan 1. However, if you try booking right around 8 a.m. eastern, you may get a message that you cannot be connected to the system, so you may have to keep trying or wait a while before you can get in, i.e., nothing is actually wrong with the system except that it cannot handle all of the many thousands of reservation requests that are arriving at one time.

If anyone is still watching this thread, I have a similar question. I am trying to book a 6/26/24 check-in and today is 11/26/23. It says I am outside the 7 month window. However, today is 7 months. Is it me or a computer thing?

If your attempt was made before 8 a.m. eastern, then you were trying too early. If the attempt was made at 8 a.m. eastern or after, then there is likely a system issue with your account and you will need to contact MS when it opens at 9 a.m. eastern, if you cannot get it to work before then.

If your attempt was made before 8 a.m. eastern, then you were trying too early. If the attempt was made at 8 a.m. eastern or after, then there is likely a system issue with your account and you will need to contact MS when it opens at 9 a.m. eastern, if you cannot get it to work before then.
I realized that it was because I was trying for more than 7 nights. I didn't know there was a limit for the 7-month window. So...I lost the hotel I wanted by 1 day!

I realized that it was because I was trying for more than 7 nights. I didn't know there was a limit for the 7-month window. So...I lost the hotel I wanted by 1 day!
It’s just like 11 month bookings, you can only book 7 nights initially when the 7 month window opens, you need to go in a couple of days later to add nights 8+.

That sucks. Hopefully you got it this morning and can just waitlist the first day and it comes through. I did the same thing Friday. I was supposed to book our trip to Aulani and I forgot to set the alarm, 11am I realized in a panic (especially because I needed the first night in a studio and the rest in a 1br to stretch the points). So had to wait a day and the entire trip is pushed back by 1 day.

I may work out, airfare may end up being cheaper on those days.

Last edited:
It’s just like 11 month bookings, you can only book 7 nights initially when the 7 month window opens, you need to go in a couple of days later to add nights 8+.
Thank you for this! I was having trouble booking an 8-day reservation a few months ago and had to wait until the day after my 7-month window to make it. I thought it was a glitch. For some reason, I was thinking the limit was 10 days or less, not 7. Now it all makes sense.

Can I jump onto this thread? We have a Dec use year. I want to get a 1 bedroom standard view at BLT Dec 1 . What are the chances? Aside for 8 am, is there anything else I need to know? We took a trip in May and I thought that was it forever.. But I thought let me book and hope for the best (health wise).

Can I jump onto this thread? We have a Dec use year. I want to get a 1 bedroom standard view at BLT Dec 1 . What are the chances? Aside for 8 am, is there anything else I need to know? We took a trip in May and I thought that was it forever.. But I thought let me book and hope for the best (health wise).
Is BLT your home resort or will you be booking at the 7 month mark?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter