Booo Hoo missed cancelled my free dining, now airfares have dropped SUPER low!!

vickiea

Mouseketeer
I am very sad.

I had free dining booked for me and my family (5 of us) and then we decided not to go as flight prices weren't too great and youngest DS is just shy of 40".

Of course, now the promo is done the flights are $295 pp - inc taxes - this is from western Canada and this price is FANTASTIC!

I even had a pin code for free dining that gave me to Oct 3rd to book, but only go info on cheap flights yesterday, boo hooo.

So sad. For free dining and flights that cheap I wouldn't have cared that DS wasn't 40" yet.

Thanks, just need to vent with people who would understand my sadness.

Vickie

I'm sorry you missed out on your free dining code, but there are still great deals at WDW to be had!!! They are doing the 4/3 deal till Christmas, then again Jan till the end of March. Also a pretty good room only discount going on. You might actually end up saving more than on free dining if you look into it!

Get booking something!!!!!!

I'd be interested in knowing who is offering the cheap flights. We booked Continental out of Calgary for $400 incl taxes but haven't seen any of the Canadian airlines with reasonable flights this fall at all.

I'm sorry for that--maybe you could try to call and see if they will let you use it still--what is the worst they can say--and maybe if you are a Disney Visa holder maybe there is another deal right now. You know that they are hurting for business when they annouced a free dining all the way to Christmas--or was it New years!! Try!

i'd run the math if i were you. you might just find that the 4/3 special saves enough money to pay for the dining plan, thus in essence, the same as free ddp.

I'd be interested in knowing who is offering the cheap flights. We booked Continental out of Calgary for $400 incl taxes but haven't seen any of the Canadian airlines with reasonable flights this fall at all.

The cheap flight - from Calgary to MCO is through Delta, and comes in at $295 including taxes and GST.

HTH
Vickie

I'm sorry for that--maybe you could try to call and see if they will let you use it still--what is the worst they can say--and maybe if you are a Disney Visa holder maybe there is another deal right now. You know that they are hurting for business when they annouced a free dining all the way to Christmas--or was it New years!! Try!

Unfortunately there are no Disney Credit Card options for Canadians :sad2:

If you do the math, you actually don't save much (if anything) with free dining. Touringplans.com did the math at http://blog.touringplans.com/2009/09/16/free-disney-dining/. Basically comes down to the fact that with free dining you have to pay full rate for the room, but if you use a discount code you can get a rate that comes close to matching the cost of purchasing the dining plan.

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter