Boozin’ It Up 12/5-12/7 coming ASAP

:rotfl: Gottal love the tantrums like that as a kid. I probably would have done the same thing, but not because of my computer when I was kid. Just because I was a PITA. Nowadays I can't imagine being without my laptop for days.

Well, I suppose I do it to myself when I get computere'd out. Like when I'm reading a good book.

But no, we want you to have a nice hotel stay with a real bed!!

I'm slipping down, down, down the rabbit h....I mean the front page.

I don't know much to talk about for my trip. I'm trying to space things out so that I still have things to mention 30 days from now. I did forget to say that I got a new camera early this summer and this will be my first trip with a really NICE camera. A DSLR to be exact. I'm so so so excited to take some (hopefully)beautiful pictures. Though even if I didn't know what I was doing(which I'm still an amateur for sure), the quality difference is already huge. I made two huge purchases this year and one was a brand new bike, and the other was my Nikon D5000. Both have really added to the quality of my day-to-day, haha, which sounds totally weird but it's true. Some of the best purchasing decisions that I have ever made. I'm really glad we have an extra day at DLR this trip because I am going to be stopping a lot more to take pictures.

I also bought this cover recently which makes it so much easier to take my camera everywhere with me and not have to take my whole camera bag. I don't feel as worried about putting it in my purse, or a backpack. I know it won't get scratched/bunged up. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a spare battery for the trip. I get so anxious about running out of battery power. I know that battery life is great, but I might get a backup just for piece of mind.

If anyone is interested in seeing some photos that I have been taking, here is my flickr. Feel free to peruse that.

:rotfl: Okay. I wondered Scotty rides with a group of them occasionally and they are a crazy bunch.

Yeah my brother rides a fixie. He's actually REALLY zippy though! I'm always baffled by it. He gets mad when I can just coast really fast down hills and he yells at me from far behind because his legs can only go so fast :lmao:

Yeah my brother rides a fixie. He's actually REALLY zippy though! I'm always baffled by it. He gets mad when I can just coast really fast down hills and he yells at me from far behind because his legs can only go so fast :lmao:

They are crazy people. Does he at least wear a helmet?

Scotty rode in a fixie race last year and it was a blast to watch. They dressed in costumes and lit their bikes up huge.

I am huge helmet advocate. Scotty was in a bad accident in August and he was unconscious when some passerby's saw him laying in the middle of the road from the highway. He was hurt really bad, and he was wearing his helmet.

I'd rather wear a helmet and get hurt less(if something happens) rather than not wear one and be killed. Wow...this turned very morbid.

:yay:I have something to talk about!!:yay:

Something beautiful just came in the mail.
Our Getawaytoday package information!

DSC_0367.jpg

Well if only Snow White didn't have a rip across her chest.

DSC_0368.jpg

Inside is a handwritten note thanking us for using GAT and wishing us a wonderful getaway :lovestruc

This is the back of the note:
DSC_0378.jpg

And our hotel information and ticket instructions:
DSC_0382.jpg

(My lens cap is covering my address)

We got GAT lanyards that I don't think we will use
DSC_0385.jpg

But we got cute, cute, cute pins!!
DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

Yay, I love when things are finalized.

Now that is some awesome mail!! So much better than the bills that are all I ever get :rotfl:

Feels more real now, huh?

And I love that there's a handwritten note. That's pretty awesome.

That is so cool and I really like the homey touch of the handwritten note.

Now that is some awesome mail!! So much better than the bills that are all I ever get :rotfl:

Feels more real now, huh?

And I love that there's a handwritten note. That's pretty awesome.

That is so cool and I really like the homey touch of the handwritten note.

I thought the note was so cute. It just makes it feel so much more personal. Like people actually care if your vacation is great. Which I know a lot of people do, but it's good to reinforce that.

I thought the note was so cute. It just makes it feel so much more personal. Like people actually care if your vacation is great. Which I know a lot of people do, but it's good to reinforce that.

It's nice to feel like somebody cares.

Another trip? Nice! I'm signing up on the imaginary sign up sheet to wait for the picture of your trip. :D

Another trip? Nice! I'm signing up on the imaginary sign up sheet to wait for the picture of your trip. :D

:cool1:

I have most of it planned, so I'll be sharing all that stuff, but the wait till December is going to be hard!

OKAY let's talk about my trip. Or I'll talk about it and anyone can comment if they want.​

Like I said before, we'll be leaving on Saturday December 4th after I get home from work(so probably around 4:30-5pm). That's pretty much been the norm for...every trip in the past year and a half. My mom and I enjoy stopping for dinner at Sonic Drive-in. It's on highway 152 which we have to take to get from 101 to I-5, so it's totally convenient and now tradition I suppose. We only eat there during Disneyland trips.

We'll get into Anaheim late but I'm hoping that on the way to the hotel we can stop in the 15 minute parking off of Harbor and get our GAT park tickets from a ticket booth(so that we can just get in line the next morning). I have read that there is at least one that stays open at least until park closing, but unsure about that. Disneyland closes at 12am though so I think we should be good. Then we'll get back in the car, make the U-turn at Disney Way and pull into Del Sol Inn. I just love when you don't have to go out of your way/backtrack to get things done. It sounds like a super convenient/easy plan but we shall see.

I did a little screen print of a satellite map if you are interested in seeing the logistics of that.
Drive.jpg

Blue is the 15-minute parking. Yellow is the crosswalk to DLR. Green is Del Sol Inn.​

We'll get checked-in, I'll take pictures of the room before we muss it up(pinch myself that I remember), and we'll pass out because we are going to do a 7am MM the next day :scared1:

A little off topic(and not trying to bring up bad feelings at all) but my post count went way down because of a deleted thread. I was so proud of nearing 1,000. I guess I'll just have to post post post all over the place! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter