Bose vs. Beats by Dre

The Beats are known to be a joke to anyone (or most people) in the musical world or with musical training (ie. people who have a degree in a music-related field). They're known for their really crappy quality. So if you want headphones that are pretty, but sound like garbage...go for it! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Seriously though, I'd go for the Bose or something cheaper with a better quality, like another poster mentioned. :woohoo:

Watch out for cheap headphones. Each of the brands mentioned makes some great headphones, but probably most would call them too expensive.

Beats really aren't all that good. Neither are Bose, although they are better. B&O are chiefly for posing but aren't too bad fidelity wise. As has been said, Sennheiser are a good option. But if I may, I'd like to float an alternative: Harman Kardon headphones.

Here-Are-Some-New-Harman-Kardon-Headphones-2.jpg

They're not perfect, but I'd buy them before the aforementioned brands.

Denon also have a good name:

headphones.png

I guess...to put it another way...if those were your ONLY options, which would you choose? If someone stood before you with a set of Bose in one hand and a set of Beats in their right, and say they will give them to you for free....which would you choose?

I'm with the other poster, I wouldn't want either of them. I'd take the one I thought would sell for the most money on eBay and then go buy myself some Sennheisers. And pocket the difference, because you can get some really great-sounding Sennheisers for a lot less than the overpriced Bose and Beats. I've tried a number of Bose headsets over the years, and have never been impressed. And IMO, Beats are more of an expensive fashion accessory than a headphone.

I think you need to start your search by prioritizing - do you want cool looking headphones, or great sounding headphones? Because you're not necessarily going to find both things together. If the look is most important, then just pick a bunch of headphones you like the looks of and start reading reviews till you find the one that seems to have the best sound of the bunch.

My son wanted Beats until he actually listened to them. They're so bass-heavy they distort everything. He tried the Bose, but ending up getting Soul by Ludacris. I've listened to them and they have good sound. He went to Best Buy and listened to all of them before making a decision.

These are what my DS ended up with as well. Soul by Ludacris. Comfy, good sound and cool looking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z57WDO/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

He had it narrowed down to Beats, Bose and Soul. Tried on lots of headphones at Best Buy and Target. If you are set on Beats or Bose, and coolness is important to you, then go ahead and get the Beats. Honestly, some people have had bad experiences, but others love them. They would not still be such a good seller if they were really THAT bad.

Good luck with your decision!

Hey guys! I am in the market for a nice set of earphones. I prefer over the ear headphones to earbuds, which I have currently. So, I have decided that if I am going to get headphones, I want to get good ones.

Which leads me to Bose and Beats by Dre

Both are rather pricy, Bose slightly less than Beats.

I have no doubt about Bose quality, having owned Bose products in the past (though never headphones) That said, their headphones are pretty standard. Black, white, silver.

Now, Beats is a wild card for me, because I am unsure of the quality. I have tried them before, and they seemed to be made a little...chintzy to me (these were the basic headphones....the higher up versions seem to be more substantial) But, I see all those commercials, "Anything can happen" and they have all the neat colors...and I want to dance around in my pretty headphones too. Haha.

Has anyone owned one or the other and can recommend or not recommend? Or have you owned both and had a preference?

I have the over the ear (studio) beats. I love them and they sound great. However I have also tried the Bose (went and tried them out with a friend)and they also have a great sound but the ones I liked were more expensive than my beats. I also don't have a preference for colored ones (mine are black) so that wouldn't matter to me.

I think that they are both pretty comparable quality wise (at least in the top tier ones, the beats solo's while nice are not as good of quality as the studios) so get the ones you like in either brand and you'll be fine.

Thanks guys, I checked out the Sennheisers.

I know this sounds stupid and a little childish, but I do want some headphones that "look cool." Part of what I like about the beats is they are very "in." Quality-wise though, I know Bose is highly respected as well.

I did find a few Sennheisers that fit the look I was going for. A couple got not so great reviews. The others' prices were way out of my budget. I will definitely keep the Sennheisers in mind, as I had never even heard of that brand before.

I'm even looking at maybe some Sonys as a temporary option, because they have some cool looking headphones, relatively cheap.

I guess...to put it another way...if those were your ONLY options, which would you choose? If someone stood before you with a set of Bose in one hand and a set of Beats in their right, and say they will give them to you for free....which wourwwld you choose?

You are doing what I did, making yourself crazy trying to decide :rotfl:! I finally threw my hands up in the air, gave my husband a list of brands (some with the models), and had him ask a few guys he was working with. I went with what they recommended for personal use, not studio, arena or stadium use.

My son is very happy with his headsets, but he would have been just as happy with some of the other brands too. At some point, just go with the ones that sound and look best to you.

Do any of you know of a headphone that could increase the volume of my
i-pod, I use an over the ear noise cancelling set, but still not happy. Apologies for being slightly off topic.

I think the best thing to do is listen to both. As I said in an earlier post, my son likes heavy bass (as do I) and he ended up with the Beats. FWIW, he had it down to the same 2 brands and we went to Best Buy, where they had both to try them out. DH liked the Bose better because he doesn't like heavy bass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter