Bowser Jr Challenge Question

Ava

DIS Veteran
I have a question about the Bowser Jr Challenge and PowerUp Bands. I just read a blog post about the different challenges, and it said that only guests who have the bands and have collected 3 keys can enter the Bowser Jr Challenge. Does this mean parents can’t enter with their kids if the parents don’t have their own bands?
We’re going next month with 3 adults, a 14 year old and a 10 year olds and I was only planning on purchasing bands for the 2 kids.

I have a question about the Bowser Jr Challenge and PowerUp Bands. I just read a blog post about the different challenges, and it said that only guests who have the bands and have collected 3 keys can enter the Bowser Jr Challenge. Does this mean parents can’t enter with their kids if the parents don’t have their own bands?
We’re going next month with 3 adults, a 14 year old and a 10 year olds and I was only planning on purchasing bands for the 2 kids.

A parent without a band can accompany ONE child with a band. You will be allowed to enter with your 2 kids. But all 3 adults will not be allowed in, only 2. One per kid.

Well that stinks. The 3rd adult is my 80-year-old mother-in-law. Will they really not let her come in too? Or can the kids do the challenge more than once and we take turns going in with them? I get that the land is new and crowded but it’s not a very family-friendly policy to not let a family group go in together as long as some of them have bands.

Well that stinks. The 3rd adult is my 80-year-old mother-in-law. Will they really not let her come in too? Or can the kids do the challenge more than once and we take turns going in with them? I get that the land is new and crowded but it’s not a very family-friendly policy to not let a family group go in together as long as some of them have bands.

The challenge is an interactive one with a very limited amount of spots. There are like 10 circles on the floor and everyone has to stand on one. The game takes approximately 5 minutes beginning to end. Considering that people who purchased the bands have invested time and money into playing the mini games, it is completely fair to restrict entry to only those people. They allow a parent to accompany a child, but otherwise you need a band and 3 keys to enter. That's the rule. The wait time would be excessive if everyone could bring in as many people as they wanted to accompany them or if people could just keep playing the challenge over and over again.

In order to access the challenge again, you have to accumulate 3 keys again by playing the mini games again. Once you collect 3 keys and scan in to Bowsers Challenge, your keys are cleared from your dashboard.

Simple solution here, buy one more band so that everyone can go in.

You can't play the mini games without a band either. It is what it is. This land is largely pay to play.

Note: the challenge is very physically demanding in nature. You are supposed to jump repeatedly, duck quickly, punch in the air frequently, and wave your arms around like a crazy person. It's not necessarily something most 80 year olds will enjoy. It's basically a video game where your shadow is the character and you have to avoid obstacles, hit things, collect things, etc.

I will say, as a 50+ year-old adult, the Bowser Challenge was loads of fun. Yes, as @DLgal said, you're going to exert yourself pretty good, but I had a blast doing it with my son.

There are some mushroom seats near the entrance to the challenge where your 80-year old mother in law can sit and wait for you. The seating area has some shade as well.

I will say, as a 50+ year-old adult, the Bowser Challenge was loads of fun. Yes, as @DLgal said, you're going to exert yourself pretty good, but I had a blast doing it with my son.

There are some mushroom seats near the entrance to the challenge where your 80-year old mother in law can sit and wait for you. The seating area has some shade as well.

It is super fun, but I was NOT prepared! As a 40 something woman, I would have worn a sports bra if I had been warned ahead of time how much jumping was involved. 😆

We went to SNW for two days in the first week of July and my understanding per what we were told for bowser jr is that you need one power-band for a group of up to 4 people (including the person with the band.) This would mean you could have 3 adults with one child that has a band. My personal experience didn't confirm this as we are a family of 4 with 2 kids (and each kid had their own band.)

We went to SNW for two days in the first week of July and my understanding per what we were told for bowser jr is that you need one power-band for a group of up to 4 people (including the person with the band.) This would mean you could have 3 adults with one child that has a band. My personal experience didn't confirm this as we are a family of 4 with 2 kids (and each kid had their own band.)

That is definitely not always the case. Maybe it differs based on crowd levels at the time? We have only gone on Saturdays and it's been a strict 1 person accompanying 1 person with a band, maximum. I overheard this conversation many times as I was standing near this attraction entrance for a while waiting for my kids to be done in another game. They would let in one parent with 2 or more kids with bands. But not one parent with multiple kids and only one band.

That is definitely not always the case. Maybe it differs based on crowd levels at the time? We have only gone on Saturdays and it's been a strict 1 person accompanying 1 person with a band, maximum. I overheard this conversation many times as I was standing near this attraction entrance for a while waiting for my kids to be done in another game. They would let in one parent with 2 or more kids with bands. But not one parent with multiple kids and only one band.
Could be based on crowd levels, that's plausible. Our wait time for bowser jr was ~15 min right after park open and normally I've heard it can be 45 or more during peak hours.

Also just checked the FAQ on the Universal reddit and it also says parties of four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter