Branson Question

cruising spud

DIS Veteran
Hopefully, my husband and I are headed to Missouri this spring. I have our "places to visit" pretty wrapped up, but we plan to spend some time in Branson. I'm not sure what to see (except, I'm going to have us see the Haygoods, and I will hit the outlets). Anyone ever been to Branson? if so, any suggestions as to what to see? Thank you.

We live not too far from there so we go a lot. Silver Dollar City is fun. We always do that. Even if you aren't a rides person, there are so many neat shops there and old timey things to look at. The Ferris Wheel on the strip. The Titanic museum is cool. Dixie Stampede is always fun. The Outlet Mall is nothing to write home about. There really isn't anything there that isn't at any outlet mall and it's always crowded. Really it depends on if you are a shows type of person or if you want outdoorsy stuff.

The Titanic museum is cool.

If the one in Branson is run/like the one (I assume) I went to in Pigeon Forge last summer with DW at the DISMeet, go. It was fantastic from a history perspective. I would highly recommend working a visit at the Branson location into your plans, spud.

Bama Ed

I have friends that had resorts in Branson until the cashed out a few years ago. We used to go down multiple times a year. I agree on the recommendations so far. Tanger outlet mall is nothing special. Branson Landing has nicer atmosphere, but the stores are run of the mill. Lots and lots of little shops scattered all along the strip. I haven't been to a bad show there.
Make sure you get out to the lake and see that part of the area. Our friends lived out on Indian Point and the lake us beautiful.

So much to do in the area.

j

Last edited:

We live not too far from there so we go a lot. Silver Dollar City is fun. We always do that. Even if you aren't a rides person, there are so many neat shops there and old timey things to look at. The Ferris Wheel on the strip. The Titanic museum is cool. Dixie Stampede is always fun. The Outlet Mall is nothing to write home about. There really isn't anything there that isn't at any outlet mall and it's always crowded. Really it depends on if you are a shows type of person or if you want outdoorsy stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had considered Silver Dollar City. We aren't "fast and scary" ride people, but I'm always into looking at interesting shops.

If the one in Branson is run/like the one (I assume) I went to in Pigeon Forge last summer with DW at the DISMeet, go. It was fantastic from a history perspective. I would highly recommend working a visit at the Branson location into your plans, spud.

Bama Ed

So, I'll add the Titanic to our list. Thank you.

I have friends that had resorts in Branson until the cashed out a few years ago. We used to go down multiple times a year. I agree on the recommendations so far. Tanger outlet mall is nothing special. Branson Landing has nicer atmosphere, but the stores are run of the mill. Lots and lots of little shops scattered all along the strip. I haven't been to a bed show there.
Make sure you get out to the lake and see that part of the area. Our friends lived out on Indian Point and the lake us beautiful.

So much to do in the area.

j

I will throw the idea of a shopping day out and perhaps add another show. Other than the Haygoods, I haven't looked too closely at the shows.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had considered Silver Dollar City. We aren't "fast and scary" ride people, but I'm always into looking at interesting shops.
There are lots of just fun rides that aren’t fast and scary there but sooo many shops. You can watch black smith’s and glass blowing and candle/soap making. It’s very cool

We stayed at Kimberling..it was just 20 min north of Branson and right on table rock lake...we absolutely LOVED it

We stayed at Kimberling..it was just 20 min north of Branson and right on table rock lake...we absolutely LOVED it
I just made reservations for Musicland. We wanted to be right in the thick of things. Easier to get back to our dog more quickly. But, thanks for the suggestion.

If you've never been to a Lambert's Cafe, the one between Springfield and Branson is worth a stop.

Where else are you stopping?

I will look up Lambert's cafe.

Do you mean where are stopping on our way to Branson? We are starting off in Hannibal, and then onto the Pinnacles. Next, going to take a few hours and see the George Washington Carver Monument. Next stop, into the state of Oklahoma to visit my mom for a few days, and then we stop at Branson. After a week at Branson, we go on to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead (yes, II read all of the books, numerous times). Maybe Johnson Shut-in Park next, and then the Endangered Wolf Center in Eureka. After that-I'm not sure. Probably headed home with a few minor stops along the way.

Any other suggestions for places to visit?

Thanks,
Kathy

If you need to camp near the Pinnacles, Finger Lake SP is a good spot. There is a bike area there that's really cool.

GWC NM is really great. I don't know your rig set up, but the parking lot is pretty big. We stayed about 4-5 hours and it was very educational.
Wilson's Creek Natl Battlefield is in the Springfield area. An interesting early battlefield in the Civil War.

JSI is really great. It's a tough reservation to land. Since you're willing to go that way some alternatives:
-Echo Bluff SP (MO's newest SP. supposed to be really nice. could day trip into Ozark Scenic Riverways from here)
-Ozark Scenic Riverways. (I'd look around Van Buren. Some good spots to float the Current River and check out some neat spots within the NPS unit)
-Taum Sauk SP (could potentially camp here and day trip to JSI)
-Elephant Rocks SP (interesting rock formations. no camping. spend a few hours here)
-Montauk SP (really good trout fishing)

In the STL Area:
-Ulysses S Grant NHS. (Really interesting slice of Grant's life that I had almost no knowledge of until we visited)
-If you are camping in STL Area, recommend staying at Edmund Babler SP (pretty close to Eureka

I could keep going about places to eat and other thoughts. Let me know if you have questions.

Jack,

Thanks for all of the info. I hadn't realized the George Washington Monument would take 4-5 hours. I'll make a note. Last time we were visiting this area, we had planned to stop, but didn't. I want to make sure we stop this time. I will also look into Grant. And, check on the state parks and campsites you mentioned. I appreciate your time.

Kathy

Jack,

Thanks for all of the info. I hadn't realized the George Washington Monument would take 4-5 hours. I'll make a note. Last time we were visiting this area, we had planned to stop, but didn't. I want to make sure we stop this time. I will also look into Grant. And, check on the state parks and campsites you mentioned. I appreciate your time.

Kathy

I think you could do it quicker, but the kids were at the age that they were fascinated with the exhibits (I think they were 6 and 9). It is really well done. Talks in a very honest way about he was discriminated, but triumphed, talks about how his childhood inspired him to become an amazing scientist. So much more than the "peanut guy". I had no idea until I got there.

PM me if you want to know anything. I grew up about 50 miles east of JSI. I took many trips out in that part of the state as a kid and teen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter