Breakfast advice?

pixar mark

Mouseketeer
Family of 3 staying at Castle Inn & Suites in November, no car. Will be walking to parks in the morning and probably won't have a lot of time to eat a full service, sit down breakfast. Also trying to keep cost down to $5-7 per person ideally. Looks like I will have fridge in room but no microwave. I understand 7-11, CVS etc is close by and I could get pop tarts or donuts and have milk or juice in the fridge. But Is there anything decent between Castle and Disneyland? Looks like McDonalds and Panera is out of the way and I'm thinking IHOP and Denny's might take too long. Or if there is nothing, anybody have a reasonably priced breakfast sandwich or muffin in the park they would recommend? Any help is appreciated.

BTW, I did just listen to the Dis podcast about breakfast, but was hoping someone knew something they didn't cover.

CS breakfast can be found in DL at the Market House (Starbucks -- coffee drinks, baked goods, yogurt, etc.), Jolly Holiday bakery (coffee drinks -- not Starbucks -- and baked goods). There is a coffee cart with baked goods at the Hub between the entrances to Adventureland and Frontierland. CS sit down breakfast can be found at Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland. In DCA, you can grab coffee and baked goods at FF&P (Starbucks) on BVS. You can get a breakfast cone at the Cozy Cones in CL or a CS sit down breakfast at Flo's. If you will have groceries delivered, you can use Vons.com or Amazon. Or Uber to Target on Harbor to get things to stock your refrigerator.

My favorite pre-park breakfast is beignets and coffee from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express in DTD. So yummy and pretty cheap, I think. You can get a family sized bag to share. They also have some other options, all of which are pretty reasonably priced.

When I stayed at Castle Inn last month, the room did have a microwave. That might not be the case with all rooms yet though I guess.

Castle Inn also has a gift shop connected to it that sells a lot of things like Pop Tarts, they open at 7 AM but I don't remember what time they close. Since the hotel is so close, there aren't a lot of options on the way to the parks without going out of your way(McDonald's, Panera and Subway).

There are plenty of good options inside the parks though which might still reach your budget, I personally love Rancho del Zocalo for breakfast but it might be a little too "platter-y" for you.

Last edited:

Thanks for all the info so far. The menu at Rancho does look good and reasonably priced. Might try that one day, but really want to have eaten before parks open so we can rope drop the rides. I forgot about Subway being close to hotel, that might be a good option. Looks like most room types have microwave, but I'm in a standard and does not show one for that room type. Didn't know if any of the hotels along the way had any little restaurants or convenience stores that were worth while. Doesn't look like there is much in the way of fast food chains.

You can get a breakfast cone at the Cozy Cones in CL
Just a heads up, Cozy Cones no longer have a breakfast cone...

La Brea Bakery has items to go. Not sure how many adults/kids there are, but you could send an adult ahead to McD's and have them meet you. It is only a 2-3 min walk past the crosswalk.

Good idea Malcon. I'm already a designated fast pass runner, so a quick sprint up to McD's would be an option.

We bring from home granola bars to get started.

Then we eat mid morning in the park. It's good to not be eating 12-1 typical lunch times.

Tiffy's ranks up there with Captain Kidds for me. Ate there once and said never again.

ANd I agree about the Cozy Cones. There are bagel twists at one of the cones and that is open prior to the other cones.

My first choice, send someone to the Subway just south of the Castle Inn and have that in your room, or even eat and walk.

Both IHOP and Denny's are on the way, both have kid's deals.

Our go to is Starbucks either in the parks or in DTD. it's quick and easy and portable and we love their breakfast sandwiches!

CS breakfast can be found in DL at the Market House (Starbucks -- coffee drinks, baked goods, yogurt, etc.), Jolly Holiday bakery (coffee drinks -- not Starbucks -- and baked goods). There is a coffee cart with baked goods at the Hub between the entrances to Adventureland and Frontierland. CS sit down breakfast can be found at Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland. In DCA, you can grab coffee and baked goods at FF&P (Starbucks) on BVS. You can get a breakfast cone at the Cozy Cones in CL or a CS sit down breakfast at Flo's. If you will have groceries delivered, you can use Vons.com or Amazon. Or Uber to Target on Harbor to get things to stock your refrigerator.
Hi. What is this breakfast cone you speak of? I don't see it on their online menu.

If you are willing to walk a bit, there is a Coffee Bean and Teal Leaf next to the CVS at the corner of Harbor and Katella, IMHO, much better than Starbucks.

That's too bad. So does that limit DCA's breakfast (non TS) options to Flo' and FF&P?

Pretty much, unless you want a regular mac and cheese or pork cone early in the day since they do open up a bit early. The Pacific Wharf Cafe used to have a nice breakfast as well but they stopped serving that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter