Breaking News!: Another Last to Post - Special Edition, Full story at page 250!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That did close fast!

I'm here.

Did some good girlfriend duties today. DBF loves cooking. Is obsessed with Nigella....hmmmm....and has a zillion cookbooks.
He doesn't like the menu so we didn't go to the bill granger restaurant when he last came to town but he does like his cookbooks. At random I saw a post on fb that he would be at a book signing at the city department store myer today at 12.
So....off I go for early lunch...Got there at about 11:55.
Bill finally showed up at 12:45. Grrrr...
But he was lovely so I grabbed his signature and am back at my desk.

photo-2.jpg

Aren't I sweet.

It cost flipping double what it would to get it on amazon.co.UK and ship it to him direct. But. This has bills signature.

Has Bill gotten another cookbook out? He was at Border's this time LAST year and I got a signed copy for me and.... my sister in law as it is her birthday this time of year.

I hadn't planned on it but this year, she's getting a signed copy of George Colomborous's cookbook. Met him at the Taste of Melbourne last month and couldn't whip out my credit card fast enough to get him to autograph a copy for her. Wonder if she'll think that I lack imagination?? :laughing:

For the record....Bill is much nicer to chat with than George. Bill looks you straight in the eye and looks like he's genuinely interested. George did neither. I had to repeat my SIL's name 3 times before he listened to it.

Has Bill gotten another cookbook out? He was at Border's this time LAST year and I got a signed copy for me and.... my sister in law as it is her birthday this time of year.

I hadn't planned on it but this year, she's getting a signed copy of George Colomborous's cookbook. Met him at the Taste of Melbourne last month and couldn't whip out my credit card fast enough to get him to autograph a copy for her. Wonder if she'll think that I lack imagination?? :laughing:

For the record....Bill is much nicer to chat with than George. Bill looks you straight in the eye and looks like he's genuinely interested. George did neither. I had to repeat my SIL's name 3 times before he listened to it.
It's everyday Asian. So you probably don't need it! :lmao:

He was lovely. I unfortunately was in a hurry. It hadn't been widely announced. It wasn't on the myer website. So not many around. But when he finally arrived another girl pounced. I said softly with a chuckle I'd been here since 12 and he was most apologetic signing mine first.
He did look me in the eye. Asked the name of who it was for and my name and suggested sweet and cheeky messages.

Was a quick and simple exchange but yes. He smoothed over my impatience in seconds.

Why get books signed?

No reason - other than it's just the very bourgeois, yuppie, snobby thing to do. My SiL loves cooking and loves celebrity chefs. So for her, getting a personalised signed book by one of the celebrity chefs is typically something she loves (and she is the snobby kind). She loves pulling out Bill Granger's book from last year and showing it off to her friends.

Last year, I didn't plan on it.....I happened to be in Borders and Bill Granger happened to be there; with no queue.

This year, I didn't plan on getting her another cook book either...I just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time.

Congrats Usnuz!! I thought my tiptoe would get in there, but you saw me, somehow! :confused3

You'll have to work a little harder to win LAST here....and sneak in more often this time round. :thumbsup2

I'm back home now. Think I'll be heading into the office tomorrow as well....particularly now that the last last is done. :goodvibes

No reason - other than it's just the very bourgeois, yuppie, snobby thing to do. My SiL loves cooking and loves celebrity chefs. So for her, getting a personalised signed book by one of the celebrity chefs is typically something she loves (and she is the snobby kind). She loves pulling out Bill Granger's book from last year and showing it off to her friends.

Last year, I didn't plan on it.....I happened to be in Borders and Bill Granger happened to be there; with no queue.

Do you think she will use it to cook? Recipe books can get a bit dirty.

Do you think she will use it to cook? Recipe books can get a bit dirty.

My SiL collects celebrity chef cook books. Most are still pristine. I have a wide collection of cook books myself....I think I can count the celebrity chef cookbooks in my collection on one hand. Sadly, most of my cook books are water marked and stained with something or other.

So this thread is called Breaking News! ???

Well.....I think I have some breaking news.......:rolleyes:

This morning, I got into work early. Must have been just shortly after 8 am. I found a desk and turned on the 'puter and checked my mail........

Oh....where's Queenie when I want someone to poke fun AT me?????

....and there it was! An email; sent at about 5 am in the morning.

From Qantas.....

So should i just stay in suspence until the Queen makes her presence known?

No. Just stringing it out....:laughing:

Qantas, the ever UNreliable Aussie National Carrier, advertised a 3 day or 72 hour sale.

I looked at the fares to LAX at $1380....

and the fares to NYC or Miami or Orlando at around $1580......

Hong Kong @ $888 return per person.......Here I Come!

I booked it for end of March for 10 days into April next year, coinciding with school holidays.

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter