Breast pump sterilization question.

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
What is offered for sterilization of medical equipment? For example breast pump items or things that one needs to boiled to clean.

What is offered for sterilization of medical equipment? For example breast pump items or things that one needs to boiled to clean.
Order hot water (or tea) from room service sterilize in your sink.
There are also breast pump cleaning wipes and sprays you can purchase for travel.

Or u can go to infirmary when it open and see if they have microwave available (usually do) . You should bring whatever you sterilize in with you.

I got a bottle and pump sterilizer at Walmart to use for travel only takes hot boiling water and 15 minutes of time to sit. It was like $10 and looks like a plate with a plastic cover almost like room service.

Order hot water (or tea) from room service sterilize in your sink.
There are also breast pump cleaning wipes and sprays you can purchase for travel.

Or u can go to infirmary when it open and see if they have microwave available (usually do) . You should bring whatever you sterilize in with you.

I got a bottle and pump sterilizer at Walmart to use for travel only takes hot boiling water and 15 minutes of time to sit. It was like $10 and looks like a plate with a plastic cover almost like room service.
So nobody looked to stop you from air or ship travel with this item then?

Not at all it's a plastic plate /bowl. Nothing about it even flags a scanner.
Also i traveled often while BFing and pumping ioften. And not that much a hassle. TSA may ask to test your milk (you can deny and they can visually expect if u want) but otherwise it wasn't that big a deal. And I traveled for work came back carried on almost a gallon from Jamaica and Hawaii. If your going to pump for later get a good cooler that keeps ice for several days, take ice packs infirmary will refreeze for you. Day u go home ask steward for ice to pack cooler dump loose ice at airport and tell TSA your transporting milk they will set it aside for inspection. Use ice packs that are sealed and clearly for that purpose and make sure they are frozen not slushy.
N

Mine was a little diff but this is similar to what I had

Attachments

• 1670339486544.png
    1670339486544.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 2
Just buy the cleaning wipes from Medela or whatever. They're not exactly cheap, but way easier than dealing with hot water and all that. Just sterilize it all at home after the cruise. My wife had to pump a ton on our last cruise (before COVID) and nothing bad happened doing it this way.

Unless you’re pumping for a child that’s immunocompromised, I agree with above, bring a small bottle of dish soap and call it good. You can even get sponges with dish soap dried in (or make them) if you’re worried about liquid. I buy them and cut them in fourths and use them to wash mugs and water bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter