bridal ears

scarlett873

<font color=hotpink>Surrounded by true friends<br>
here's a nifty idea that my fiance actually came up with!!

we are getting married at a nearby chapel while at WDW in the morning. my hair will be all nice and pretty...after the wedding, we'll change into normal clothes and then head out to epcot, return to our hotel and change back into our wedding attire and then head back to epcot for our wedding night dinner. (i know, lots of unnecessary running around, but fiance insists on doing it!) anyway, we want to wear the wedding ears, but i was being paranoid that it would smoosh my hair. and i didn't want my hairdo all smooshed for dinner that night.

we were at the disney store yesterday and saw a solution! they have the little minnie mouse costumes out now. well, they have a headband with minnie's ears! so, my fiance decided that i could wear those. the ears right now are black sequins and there's a big red and white bow in between the ears. he's going to basically recover the ears with white somehow (he swears he knows what he's doing!) and pull off the red bow and replace it with a white veil! solution found to my hair worries! now it won't be all smooshed!! and my head won't get stiffling hot under those ears!

i am still trying to convince him to wear the groom ears though. he has the idea that he'll find a baseball cap with mickey's ears on it instead and then have a big GROOM put on it...i just can't find a baseball cap with mickey's ears on the side! i know i've seen them, but i can't find them!! someone from disney e-mailed me and said that they have child size foam baseball caps with ears, but i need an adult!! he just thinks that he'll sweat to death under the groom ears...has anyone else had that problem?

just wanted to pass along the suggestion for the bride ears!!

Just wanted to let you know that Disney prohibits the wearing of wedding attire in the 4 theme parks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and spoil your plans. :(

The only thing I've seen for the guys are those top hat groom ears. And yes...your fiance will sweat. My husband is prone to sweating anyway (I know that just sounds lovely), but because the hat is black and fit over his whole head, it was definitely hot. As to the bridal ears, I was fine. I didn't sweat at all. Just needed bobby pins to keep it in place.

Lady

Originally posted by wdwpluto
Just wanted to let you know that Disney prohibits the wearing of wedding attire in the 4 theme parks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and spoil your plans. :(

thanks for the info!! my dress isn't actually one of the big old traditional fluffy dresses anyway. it's basically a sundress made out of white material. and my fiance is just wearing a normal suit. i just don't want to wear my dress all day long...hopefully it won't be a problem...

but thanks again for the info!! :) :) :) :)

The Christmas store in MK had some headbands with bride and grooms sticking up off them. I can't really think of a good way to describe them. Go by and look at them if you get a chance, they have a good selection of bride/groom stuff there.

Hi Brandie,
You should be fine then if your dress is a sundress! I'm glad :D
Lori

cord (I think) is talking about the headbands that have those small curly cue wires that bob around. On one side is Minnie bride, and on the other side is the Mickey groom. Speaking of which, here's a pretty corny idea, but it's an idea! They sell (at least they did) on Mouseshoppe the Mickey groom and Minnie bride for the car antennas. You could like somehow attach the Mickey groom to the top of a plain baseball cap and then write groom on the front. Corny...I know, but it's an idea!

Yeah, thats what I am talking about! I saw those headbands the last day we were at MK and was surprised because I had never heard of them before.
My ears did not fit well. I was so tempted to cut a hole in the back of my ears so I could put a pony tail through or figure out a way to attach the white ears and the veil onto my white Old Navy visor. HA!
I guess probably nothing gets the instant recognition that THE ears get, so if you want the extra attention and perks, they are going to be your best bet!

Unfortunately those standard bride and groom ears don't fit us very well either (the groom hat doesn't fit me at all). So, we're going to buy a couple normal ears and then attached the ears to bride and groom baseball caps. That way we get some protection from the sun too.

Looking forward to our trip... coming up real soon.

Originally posted by indigo
Unfortunately those standard bride and groom ears don't fit us very well either (the groom hat doesn't fit me at all). So, we're going to buy a couple normal ears and then attached the ears to bride and groom baseball caps. That way we get some protection from the sun too.

Looking forward to our trip... coming up real soon.

that's a cool idea! my FH wants to have the groom ears, but he's afraid that it will make him too hot...he would be alright with just a baseball cap though. we were thinking about doing the same thing...getting the caps and attaching ears to them and having them say Bride and Groom...i know that they aren't the actual mickey wedding ears, but they'll still attract the attention that he wants! he just wants the world to know that we are on our honeymoon...:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter