Brightline schedule (maybe)

Tickets are on sale now. I have been looking at trying out the Orlando to Miami route just for the fun of it. Has anyone else made similar plans or bought tickets?

We're planning on taking the train between Orlando and Miami in late October for a cruise out of Miami.

We decided to fly into Orlando because the flight times and prices were better than to MIA or FLL and we thought it might be fun to try the train.

Looking to do this Fort Lauderdale -MCO later this fall after a cruise. Have never ridden them before. Does Brightline ever have sales? Do prices fluctuate like airline tickets or are they pretty static?

interesting new twist to the Brightline saga discussed in Florida Today this weekend:

Coast Guard bridge ruling in Stuart throws monkey wrench into Brightline's Orlando plans

The Coast Guard may have derailed, at least temporarily, Brightline’s plan for high-speed rail service with a ruling that will keep bridges in Stuart in the up position throughout much of the day.

interesting new twist to the Brightline saga discussed in Florida Today this weekend:

Coast Guard bridge ruling in Stuart throws monkey wrench into Brightline's Orlando plans

The Coast Guard may have derailed, at least temporarily, Brightline’s plan for high-speed rail service with a ruling that will keep bridges in Stuart in the up position throughout much of the day.
Interesting. I read somewhere that this would force Brightline to reduce frequency of service by half. I suspect that would be devastating to their business model.

I believe the 50% reduction was in the original article (rules won't let me post or quote) but I went and found the actual notice in the Federal Register (public document) and it would appear the newspapers may have some what exaggerated the situation :rolleyes2 . https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...tion-regulation-okeechobee-waterway-stuart-fl

For example the rule change is TEMPORARY at this time from end of June to mid Dec. For background the local boating community was in a bit of an uproar as this bridge was locked down for months as FEC/BL did improvements. So when a perm' rule change was up for discussion over 2000 comments were rec'd and it sounds like FEC/BL just let things happen. Even now there's been virtually no mention on any FEC board I watch . . .

I see a news story that Brightline has delayed the projected opening of this new section of track. It seems to be the result of needed training/certifications. Haven't seen a definitive date yet.

I see a news story that Brightline has delayed the projected opening of this new section of track. It seems to be the result of needed training/certifications. Haven't seen a definitive date yet.
Saw a news report today that ticket sales have been moved to a Sept 15 start date and compensation is being offered to those who booked earlier tickets.

Prices start at $79/person one way.

This is a great addition to traveling to the cruise ports of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Although, the term high-speed is relative in certain sections of the track.

I'm still wondering about the usefulness of this. I can understand if somebody was visiting Central Florida for the Theme parks and then taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale or Miami that it might be useful. But wouldn't they also consider renting a car for their Orlando stay and then just driving down to lower FL? Especially with a family of four the price for the car is probably less.

How about those that live in Central FL? Why would they take the train to one of those ports when they can just get in the car and be there in about the same amount of time, but much cheaper even for only two people. I suppose the same applies to those living in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area that want to come to visit the parks.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this all works out.

I'm still wondering about the usefulness of this. I can understand if somebody was visiting Central Florida for the Theme parks and then taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale or Miami that it might be useful. But wouldn't they also consider renting a car for their Orlando stay and then just driving down to lower FL? Especially with a family of four the price for the car is probably less.

How about those that live in Central FL? Why would they take the train to one of those ports when they can just get in the car and be there in about the same amount of time, but much cheaper even for only two people. I suppose the same applies to those living in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area that want to come to visit the parks.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this all works out.
I'm in central Florida and will take Brightline to Ft. Lauderdale in December for a cruise. I'm traveling solo, had a 30% off promo code, don't love driving in south Florida, won't pay $120 to park, won't pay for gas. 🤷 I'm happy to give it a try.

If it goes well, I will take it again in May 2024, when I will be taking a transatlantic. Makes a lot of sense to me for that.

Guess I should sign up for discount codes on the Brightline .
I was wanting to take it to go to the closest Grimaldi’s Pizza in Palm Beach and then return home .Haha
They announced the official finally Start date for real this time . I think it was 9/25 .
This means I need to drive to MCO to walk around the new terminal C to visit the new Disney and Universal Stores before Brightline gets busy.
Maybe really early Sunday or Monday morn .

I'm in central Florida and will take Brightline to Ft. Lauderdale in December for a cruise. I'm traveling solo, had a 30% off promo code, don't love driving in south Florida, won't pay $120 to park, won't pay for gas. 🤷 I'm happy to give it a try.
Sounds good. Please let us know how it went. BTW, how will you get to/from the airport from your home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter