Brightline Train opening soon

This is great. I have family in South FL including my mother. It'll be nice for her not to have to do the drive when we're meeting at Disney. I can fly in to MCO and meet her at the train station there and we can head to the magic together 🙂

It will be interesting to see what the times are and how much it will cost.

Living near the parks, we've driven to cruises out of FLL and MIA, which took about 3.5 hours. Hopefully the train can do it faster.
Price will definitely be a consideration, and if it'll cost to park your car at the Brightline terminal.

Price will definitely be a consideration, and if it'll cost to park your car at the Brightline terminal.
The brightline station at MCO is part of the new South Terminal Complex (which also includes the new Terminal C) and there is definitely a charge to park there.

It will be interesting to see what the times are and how much it will cost.

Living near the parks, we've driven to cruises out of FLL and MIA, which took about 3.5 hours. Hopefully the train can do it faster.
Brightline has been running in S FL for a little bit - I took it from WPB to Aventura and I think it was $18-20. Not including station parking but they partner with Lyft and you can arrange a Lyft to or from the train station.

The expected cost for an "average" ticket is $100 one-way. There are expected to be standard tickets for $80 or $85, and Premium Seats for $100+. Just remember that you will have to find your own transportation from OIA to WDW. And if you are looking to use this as a means to access Port Canaveral - there will not be a station anywhere near the port. THe OIA station is the closest one. This is a high-speed train with speeds up to 125 mph, though the train will be unable to maintain this speed in many areas where there are low-level street crossings. The trip from OIA to Miami is likely to be about 3 1/2 hours including stops at the other sourthern stations.

The expected cost for an "average" ticket is $100 one-way. There are expected to be standard tickets for $80 or $85, and Premium Seats for $100+. Just remember that you will have to find your own transportation from OIA to WDW. And if you are looking to use this as a means to access Port Canaveral - there will not be a station anywhere near the port. THe OIA station is the closest one. This is a high-speed train with speeds up to 125 mph, though the train will be unable to maintain this speed in many areas where there are low-level street crossings. The trip from OIA to Miami is likely to be about 3 1/2 hours including stops at the other sourthern stations.
if that is an accurate take...............I might rather just drive and be in control of all aspects of my trip.

Brightline purchased land in Cocoa Beach and may eventually put a stop there. Is OIA the airport? Its identifier is MCO, not OIA.

OIA is Orlando International Airport. MCO is more common, but context should be sufficient here.
KMCO is the FAA identifier since McCoy was the air base that was there prior to the airport being developed. OIA is what the airport officially uses.

Even at the low end of that expected cost, most one-way car rentals will likely be less expensive for 2 or more people traveling together. When we follow cruises out of Port of Miami with a WDW stay, we usually get a one-way rental from the MIA car rental center to a WDW location drop off. Pre-Covid, we were paying about $75-80 plus tolls and gas. Our quotes for the same drive at the end of this coming April range from $78 for an intermediate size car to $98 for a full size car, plus tolls and gas of course. This has the advantages of a free shuttle from Port of Miami to the MIA car rental center and use of the car to get all the way to our WDW resort with local drop off of the rental car the following morning, so no need to find transportation from MCO to the resort after getting off the train.

Brightline purchased land in Cocoa Beach and may eventually put a stop there. Is OIA the airport? Its identifier is MCO, not OIA.
City of Cocoa - not Cocoa Beach. The tracks do not cross any of the waterways of the IRL / Banana River / Intracoastal WW. I'm just stating that for those who might think this is an opportunity for the Cruise Port, it would be several years down the road if it happens.

City of Cocoa - not Cocoa Beach. The tracks do not cross any of the waterways of the IRL / Banana River / Intracoastal WW. I'm just stating that for those who might think this is an opportunity for the Cruise Port, it would be several years down the road if it happens.
These Brightline trains are more disappointing every time I hear about them. They don't go to Disney or even to Disney Springs. They don't go to Port Canaveral. They're very overpriced. What's the point?

These Brightline trains are more disappointing every time I hear about them. They don't go to Disney or even to Disney Springs. They don't go to Port Canaveral. They're very overpriced. What's the point?
Well, they'll go to Universal instead... eventually, and are still talking about a stop "near" Disney - but this is for the next leg to Tampa

Exactly my plan since I'm pretty close. I want to try it at least once just to see how convenient it is to visit Disney World and Universal without having to drive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter