Bringing alcohol aboard

ncataulin

Earning My Ears
I have done a lot of investigating and keep coming up with mixed reviews! Online Disney says you can bring alcohol in your carry on but our Disney packet says limited amount can be brought onboard! Which is it? This is our first DCL, any past cruisers know the answer?

What can fit in your carry on and get through the port x ray scanner and please do not put in your checked luggage.

You can bring alcohol on board when you check in for the cruise, however, it has to fit into your carry-on bag, not your checked luggage. Any alcohol you have purchased, on board, at the duty-free shops you will receive at the end of your cruise when you depart the ship.

I have also seen it say that the bottle(s) must be sealed, I presume this is a boarder control issue x

Why do people do this? I thought there were beverages on the cruise?

People do this because they want fresh clean water for port adventures that they can trust. Also if you can pick up a case at Walmart for 5 bucks it's worth the savings to some.

Bottled water like alcohol is extra and some people would rather spend money on excursions so they bring their own water and alcohol to save.

You can trust the water on the ship, it's filtered just like bottled water. Either they don't realize this or they just want the bottles. It could save a lot of hauling around water bottles to just bring a reusable bottle.

I am a water drinker...so if I bring a water bottle that should be fine, right? I can get the water from the beverage machines.....just not bottled water unless charged. Is that correct?

I am a water drinker...so if I bring a water bottle that should be fine, right? I can get the water from the beverage machines.....just not bottled water unless charged. Is that correct?

Yeah you should be fine with that.

Great information about bringing on-board.
I read it for luggage but now I understand, what I actually carry on the ship.
Thanks for clarifying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter