Bringing items to Aulani pools.

vicious_pretty

Earning My Ears
Apologies in advance if this is a silly question, but I wanna be prepared!

I've read lots about getting down to the pools early to snag yourself a chair, but with or without a chair.... what do you do with your things? I mean ideally we wouldn't bring much with us, but what about your phone or wallet while swimming? I can't find any mention of lockers or anything, and while I did buy a waterproof pouch for my phone I didn't really intend to "wear" it in the pool, just have it in case it got wet. It's just me and my husband so we would be swimming at the same time.

I did try researching this and found lots of helpful "get the best chair" strategies, but on the chance we don't get one (or even if we did), where might we leave a valuable?

Also, an additional question maybe y'all could answer: does the hotel room still provide robes?

Thanks in advance!

We never take a wallet since you can purchase everything with your room key. I leave my phone, sunglasses, key, etc. in a dry bag and keep that in one of the cubbies along with my flip flops. They have two of them set up around the pools near where you get the towels and wrist bands.

I never sit in a chair around the pool. We always go down to the beach and sit in one of those chaise lounges. It’s a way better view!!

We did not get robes when we were there in November.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of the room key thing!

I hadn't read about the cubbies so thank you for letting me know! I'll bring an ID in case we want to purchase any alcoholic beverages, and that'll solve that. :)

I travel with a retractable cable combination lock, I thread the cable through the zipper pull of my beach bag and loop it around the beach chair. Obviously it won't stop a real thief with a cable cutter, but it will discourage casual passerby swiping. and I always pop the bag on the chair with lock visible in plain sight as discouragement.

I just leave my phone and wallet on the chair. I trust that nobody is going to be booking a $500 hotel room to steal the $60 that's in my wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter