bringing laptop on trip

I used to travel for work... like everyday, so I've had some experience traveling with laptops. I also had co-workers who did have laptops stolen from their hotel rooms, or in an unlocked car while they were checking in (not at WDW though). I never had any problems, but I'm also a firm believer in the idea of not leaving valuables out in clear view as a temptation. It isn't that I don't trust mousekeeping, but more that I don't trust anyone I don't know.:confused3 One thing I've done when I have to leave a laptop in a hotel room is to put it in a drawer under something or in a closed suitcase with something sitting on top of it. Will that keep someone from stealing it if they're looking for it? No, but if they're not looking for something to steal, they won't know it is there and it won't be a temptation. I did have to travel with my laptop to Disney one time. We stayed at POP and my laptop fit perfectly in the safe there. I don't remember what size the screen was on that laptop though (I think it was 15"), and if it was any bigger I don't think it would have fit.

i work away from home, and take my laptop with me, everywhere i go. i have taken it to WDW twice and have left it on the table in our room, in plain sight. no one has ever messed with it.

Hi Neal I was crazy enough to bring my wife laptop and my own down as well as 3 different digital camera's (way to many electronics but we were in the middle of changing camera's and Laptops and wanted to make sure we captured everything). The maid service at the Pop Century never touched any of it and I left both laptops and 1 of the camera's at the resort charging many of the 10 days we were there last August. As far as the coverage goes I had pretty good coverage with my iPhone but the in room Broadband connection didn't work the whole time I was there.

Our typical trip gear is 2 DSLRs D300s and D90 and several lenses, 1 P&S Camera, 1 waterproof camera, 2 latops and an ipad. We usually go visit family when we're in florida so we tend to be electronics heavy. Housekeeping has never touched any of our stuff but we do try and keep it out of sight.

Not a dad so I hope you don't mind me butting in! But, we will never go without a laptop (now an ipad) again after our camera was lost/stolen on our 2007 trip and the only pics we have are the few my daughter took on a disposable camera. 4 years later and it still makes us sick to think about it! Now we download the pics every day and sometimes post a few on FB for family to see. However, DD8 has made both of us promise to keep the electronics stowed for the majority of trip so she can have our undivided attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter