budget

homber

Mouseketeer
need advice (for 2 adults for Dec, 2005 trip
My budget is as follows airfare 175.00 rt.each.65.00 hotel 2 nites(offsite hotel) shuttle from LAX to DLR 50.00 Tix. 130.00 ea.50.00 a day food each.And 200.00 for souverniors and misc. spending.Can i really go for less than 1500.00?

Can't comment on air fares but we got rooms in a great and very close off site hotel - the Howard Johnson, for about $60 per night in December 2004. If you didn't request a Disney view they were $40 or $50 - book through mousesavers.com.

So that part of the budget is ok (although this didn't include breakfast, but there is a McDonalds, Millie's, Mimmi's, Ihop etc all close by).

Super shuttle is $15 each way, so you will need $60 for that (plus tips, so make it $70)

Ticket price seems about right - you might be able to do better with AA discounts or if there are other off season deals.

Food - about $10-$15 for adult per meal, so $50 again sounds right.

$200 for souvenirs is up to you - you could do a lot more or a lot less. Ride and character photos cost $14 each for example, you might want a few of those.

So, assuming you get the air fares, the answer is yes.

I agree that your budget sounds just right. For $50 a day for food you could probably do a sit down for one meal and then a counter service meal for the other one barely. We always eat breakfast in our room. I pack granola bars and fruit, they travel well! Also if one day we do Goofy's Kitchen for example then the next day we eat a little cheaper to keep our average at around $100-125 a day for 2 adults and 2 kids. One nice thing about Disneyland is that with the exception of the buffets you can share. My husband and I love Blue Bayou and always share a lunch, their portions are so huge. Have a great time!

We always choose to stay at the Park Inn or Tropicana to take advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast. Then we have a late lunch, and yes, the Monte Cristo sandwich at Blue Bayou is delicious and huge! After that sandwich all I needed is dessert in DCA later that evening!

Unless you are particular about where you want to stay, you might want to get the most bang for your buck by trying Priceline. On our last visit, I bid on the Disneyland area at the highest star-rating (I think in that area it's a 3-star by Priceline standards), and I got the Hyatt for about $42. A great deal! It wasn't walking distance, but we used the shuttle and found it to be very convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter